Do you know a big game error? post it here

hi. i create this post to put all known errors in diferent SS games:

for example here there're two that turns me mad:

FIFA 98 EUR AND US VERSION:

Where is the snow?! the rain? where is it? the ball seems to act like if there where snow or rain but... where are the graphic effects?!!!! HUGE ERROR OR FPS PROBLEMS?(slower game if adding snow or rain)???!!:(

SIMCITY 2000 US VERSION:

dam! those airport reserved spaces will never grow up. you can spend all the money you like. nobody will construct airports. HUGE ERROR! :(

i'm waiting for your discovered game :damn: errors!

chears.

At least the PAL version of Croc will have massive graphical problems if booted directly (eg. Croc's face will be missing). If booted from the CD player the game will work correctly.

The original release of Soukyugurentai will have garbled graphics if the region is set to U or E. This seems to be more of a half-finished localisation issue than a bug as large parts of the game's text will be in English. The re-release (Soukyugurentai Otokuyou) is always in Japanese and doesn't have the corruption.

in SC2k, your airport will build up once your city is big enough to need it. Like the harbor, if your city is small, only warehouses will be constructed.

However, I don't know how to build the Sonic statue. I've seen it in magazine screenshots, its also on the back of the box, but how do you build it...?

The character stats and level in Guardian Heroes will go crazy if you level up past level 255 without using the level 200 cheat. With the cheat on, the required XP to level up is so high it's nearly impossible to level up, but when you reach level 100+ playing normally, the XP requirements will only grow up linearly, so you can reach 200+ levels with ease.

After level 255 the level will change to random values at every hit, and the HP will go down/up all the time.

Not really a game error, per se, but my first burn of House of the Dead got a scratch just right so that at a certain point about halfway through, every surface became a "placeholder" texture (Saturn equivalent of wireframe output) and then after about 7-8 rooms, the game would hit a load door and crash. ^^

Of course, there's that well-known bug : Shinobi-X (PAL) will freeze when you push start if you have a second pad plugged in the Saturn.

Skeleton Warriors (PAL) will freeze on my Saturn when loading that motorbike level, but not on other Saturns :/

But I wrote this post for this funny error :

in Die Hard Arcade, the last baddie of the level and I lost our last life together just before the ladder bonus level, where you can gather powerups while avoiding elevators.

Well, the elevator level played entierely with no player on screen, I could see elevators and powerups falling, and the camera had an angle it never has usually (it was high). "Game Over" occured only after the next level started :D

Djidjo

Ah, got another:

Die Hard Trilogy will crash on you if you boot it with a RAM cart. Seems the game assumes any cart in there is a backup cart, and crashes trying to access it.

This thread is one of many reasons why Segaxtreme has historical value. It's the only place on the whole damn internets that mentions this Die Hard Trilogy bug, I was on the verge of going insane XD. I guess this is what happens when the 4mb cart was more or less exclusive to Japan, the coder totally forgot that people would eventually import games from japan and use these carts on their pal/us Saturns!.

I wonder if it's possible to create a action replay code that makes it skip the initial seeking of the RAM cart that makes this game crash. There is such a code for for example Panzer Dragoon Saga http://www.thewilloftheancients.com/articles/panzer-dragoon-saga-action-replay-codes

And to add something to the thread: I haven't tried Metal Slug on a 1mb cart but supposedly it runs alot worse on a 4mb cart than it does on a 1mb cart, i've also gotten graphical errors when running it on chinese cheapo 4mb cart ( this one http://segaretro.org/File:ActionReplay_SAT_US_5in1_cart.jpg ) so I suspect this game is really not totally designed for 4mb carts but runs optimal on 1mb carts.

M3d10n said:
The character stats and level in Guardian Heroes will go crazy if you level up past level 255 without using the level 200 cheat. With the cheat on, the required XP to level up is so high it's nearly impossible to level up, but when you reach level 100+ playing normally, the XP requirements will only grow up linearly, so you can reach 200+ levels with ease.

After level 255 the level will change to random values at every hit, and the HP will go down/up all the time.

At least that bug has a fairly obvious origin what with memory sizes and all. There's a reason 255 is the max you can have for various things in a lot of games.

Back