Game Gear PowerBack

Hello,

I'm new here, decided to join because today I got a Sega Game Gear (my first Sega system!), and I have a question about the PowerBack that I got with it. How can you tell if it is fully charged? Sometimes it flashes orange and sometimes it's solid orange. Normally I could figure that out, but strangely it was flashing orange for a while, then went to solid orange, then began flashing again after a while (during all this time, it was plugged into the wall via power adapter). Also, it doesn't seem to work when I take the batteries out of the Game Gear and plug in the PowerBack. I'm guessing that means it is broken, but maybe I'm overlooking something.

Thanks for any help :)

The powerback has a fairly low battery life (i.e. number of times you can recharge it). Anything that's been used is probably dead, so you're best off getting a factory sealed new one off e-bay.

I always plug mine into the wall or car when I have a chance, and so my regular 6 batteries last for a long long time. And also turning down the volumn and brightness helps prolong the batteries.

The trick to those old batteries is not to overcharge them. Once the spec'd recharge time is up, unplug them. It's overcharging them (leaving them plugged in all day) that wears out the batteries.

Thanks for the info :)

It probably is dead. I apparently had it on the wrong setting, so now it does work, but I'm not sure if it's holding a charge for very long or not, as I still can't tell what color the charge light is supposed to be when it's fully charged.

Back