Saturn contests

There should be something for this next year. Maybe it doesn't have to be limited to games, but applications, like that engine that Facundo is working on. Just an idea to get more people involved.

aeroflot said:
There should be something for this next year. Maybe it doesn't have to be limited to games, but applications, like that engine that Facundo is working on. Just an idea to get more people involved.
I agree.

Alright. Lets get some more input from other people and see what comes from it, only because I'm not sure what the judging process for this would look like. Having the choice in applications sounds nice, but how would it compare to games? Judging art seems vague enough as is, and mixing categories would make it all the more so. It would be nice though to have a variation in submissions.

aeroflot said:
Alright. Lets get some more input from other people and see what comes from it, only because I'm not sure what the judging process for this would look like. Having the choice in applications sounds nice, but how would it compare to games? Judging art seems vague enough as is, and mixing categories would make it all the more so. It would be nice though to have a variation in submissions.

Great. I have translation projects too, like Policenauts or Castle of Illusion/QuackShot. :ridinghorse:

We could tie all the categories together by making the contest about whose project has added the most value to the Saturn in x timeframe. If we had enough submissions, there could be multiple categories. Best translation, Best Game, Best Artwork, Best in Show, etc.

aeroflot said:
We could tie all the categories together by making the contest about whose project has added the most value to the Saturn in x timeframe. If we had enough submissions, there could be multiple categories. Best translation, Best Game, Best Artwork, Best in Show, etc.

it's difficult to have lot of submissions but each entry can be ranked in multiple categories : best game may not be first in best artwork

Back