Saturn Color Palette

I'm hand making some sprites using the hex codes, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how the colors are indexed. I know that 0x8000 is black and 0xFFFF is white, and looking through some sample games I found codes for several yellows and browns, but I'm wondering if there's just a reference somewhere that can speed this up. #FFFFF is white normally in HTML hex code, so I thought there might be a correlation between the HTML hex codes and the Saturn, but it seems like there's not. At the moment I just want to hand code this and not use a sprite editor program.

aeroflot said:
I'm hand making some sprites using the hex codes, but I'm having a hard time figuring out how the colors are indexed. I know that 0x8000 is black and 0xFFFF is white, and looking through some sample games I found codes for several yellows and browns, but I'm wondering if there's just a reference somewhere that can speed this up. #FFFFF is white normally in HTML hex code, so I thought there might be a correlation between the HTML hex codes and the Saturn, but it seems like there's not. At the moment I just want to hand code this and not use a sprite editor program.

it depends on color mode you use but the best way to convert color to "saturn" palette is to use these macros :

#define RGB( r, g, b ) (0x8000U|((b) << 10)|((g) << 5 )|(r))
#define RGB16_COLOR(r,g,b) ()(((b)<<10) + ((g)<<5) + (r) + 0x8000)
/* Make 16 bit RGB Color */
#define RGB32_COLOR(r,g,b) (Rgb32)(((b)<<16) + ((g)<<8) + (r) + 0x80000000)

Back