Virtua Cop World Record 15570900 pts. Hardest mode

Here is my world record of Virtua Cop on the Sega Saturn done on hardest mode with a ligh gun without any kind of autofire.i beat the twingalaxies record with roughly 1.2 mil and it was done on NORMAL MODE while mine is on HARDEST MODE which you unlock once you beat the game.enjoy and feel free to ask me anything you want.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good effeort. How did you record it though? It doesn't look like you used a camera. How does anyone know if you played honestly?

Kuta said:
Good effeort.  How did you record it though?  It doesn't look like you used a camera.  How does anyone know if you played honestly?

It is a video i recorded 10 years ago on a VHS tape.What do you mean honestly?It was done on a PAL SEGA SATURN with a light gun without any kind of autofire if that's waht you are asking.it's written on the description as well.It's pretty obvious in the video if you ask me.When you play the game for a long time you learn every enemy location by heart and you learn to shoot and reload really really fast.Ask anyone that played any arcade lightgun shooter for a long time.Also,thanks for the replay!

oddball said:
Kuta said:
Good effeort.  How did you record it though?  It doesn't look like you used a camera.  How does anyone know if you played honestly?

It is a video i recorded 10 years ago on a VHS tape.What do you mean honestly?It was done on a PAL SEGA SATURN with a light gun without any kind of autofire if that's waht you are asking.it's written on the description as well.It's pretty obvious in the video if you ask me.When you play the game for a long time you learn every enemy location by heart and you learn to shoot and reload really really fast.Ask anyone that played any arcade lightgun shooter for a long time.Also,thanks for the replay!
I just thought that because you would like it to be regarded as a world record that there would be some rules and regulations that would need to be following to ensure the game was being played properly. You were using a light gun so did you need to place yourself a certain distance from the screen? Would you be able to do it again using a camera to capture it so we can see how you're playing it?  I'm only asking because I'm interested in setting some world records in some games myself so I'd like to know the best way to go about it.  Do you know if Twin Galaxies still charge people to submit scores?

Kuta said:
oddball said:
Kuta said:

I just thought that because you would like it to be regarded as a world record that there would be some rules and regulations that would need to be following to ensure the game was being played properly. You were using a light gun so did you need to place yourself a certain distance from the screen? Would you be able to do it again using a camera to capture it so we can see how you're playing it?  I'm only asking because I'm interested in setting some world records in some games myself so I'd like to know the best way to go about it.  Do you know if Twin Galaxies still charge people to submit scores?

i've seen the twingalaxies rules for Virtua Cop on the Saturn and they are pretty standart.no distance from the screen is mentioned at all and it has to be on normal mode.i did it on hardest which is considerably harder because you have to be much faster to react,especially if you are aiming at high scoring so i consider that it's even better this way.the distance from your screen shouldn't be mentioned at all in my oppinion too because Virtua Cop is all about reaction and you should position yourself where you would think you'll get the best and fastest reaction possible and sometimes some small parts of the screen(the edges mosty) don't register your shots very well so you have to go very close to it in order to hit at all.the only way that would be considered cheating in my oppinion is if you use autofire which i don't,of course.but,honestly,if you've played it long enough you train yourself to be so fast that you don't need autofire at all.this is a run i've done 10 years ago and i'm not sure my light gun functions properly or at all and also i've forgotten the enemy locations because for a such score to happen i had to train couple of months if i remember correctly,and i needed to be at the peak of my abilities at the time in order to do it.i can still record myself and with a little training i would be able to achieve a score close to this if it's needed though(heck maybe i can even top it :)).however i don't think it's needed and i don't think twingalaxies need it as well.they just need to verify whoever's playing is not cheating by editing footage for example or autofiring which can easily be checked in the video.i haven't submitted yet,so i don't know if they charge or not.

Back