32X problem

Okay, I got a free 32X recently. I know it works, because I've tested it with a friend's equipment. Unfortunately, I don't have the cable that's supposed to run from the Genesis A/V out to the 32X A/V in. Obviously, things aren't very pretty without that.

I've tried making my own cable by splicing the Genesis ends of two RF switch cables, but this does absolutely no good. I'm guessing that it has something to do with the fact that the 32X seems to be using more pins than the cables I was able to cannibalize. Anyway, It's really frustrating to have a 32X and not be able to use it...

So... does anyone have some good advice on how to replace this missing cable? I don't care if you can give me schematics for making one, or just tell me where to buy one, I just need to get it replaced.

Actually, for once ebay hasn't helped me find what I'm looking for, as no one seems to be selling a 32X cable individually right now. I could buy another 32X, plenty of those being sold, but then that means I have an extra and completely useless 32X. It also kinda defeats the purpose of getting one for free. I think I've figured out how to build my own though...

http://www.sega-parts.com

if you want to build it yourself, you need to use the full pinout.. r,g,b, ground, sync, etc.. all pins need to be wired.

Back