4mb Cart how does it work

my carts menus have started working now, it shows up as a datel action replay 1.94 in the menu's anyway

an interesting thing i have noticed is that the save memory already has stuff in it, so maybe this cart has been returned by someone else? has anyone else with these carts founs saves on them (if so what games as well?)

(Edited by megametalgreymon at 11:18 pm on Sep. 16, 2001)

i had a PAR+4M, and my saturn wouldn't recognize it at first, but blowing into it (like an old NES cartridge) and then plugging it very firmly into the saturn helped.. it's since worked perfectly, so i haven't removed it from my saturn..

megametalgreymon, did the cart just start to work or did you have to do anything to it?

Out of interest, what game saves did it have on it?

Quote: from Arakon on 10:13 am on Sep. 12, 2001

some of the SNK games have graphic glitches when used with a 4 meg cart.. I think SamSho 4 is one of them.

Yeah, that's happened with my copy of Real Bout: Fatal Fury Special. The sprites get screwed up, but it can be fixed with a good ol reset of the machine.

I just recently got an AR+ and it had problems recognizing it at first. After removing it and replacing it a few times it finally recognized it. However with some SNK games they start to load and then suddenly stop and an error screen comes up (I'm assuming that's what it is because it's all in Japanese) saying it needs a RAM cart to play. I reboot and it works fine after that. I guess the cards are finicky to put it lightly. I have to admit though it's very cool playing MSH vs. Streetfighter! Metal Slug is great too!

it just worked when i tried the games id brought a few days back arrived, it had a load of saves for virtua cop 2 on it, xmen vs streetfighter, fighting vipers, fighters megamix, and l_section2_ (no idea what that last one is)

looks like l_section2 is layer section 2, aka ray crisis, the sequel to ray storm... supposedly a pretty good shooter.

So megametalgreymon it just started working when you played certain games.

It didn't involve you reseating the cart or anything?

It does sound a bit worrying. Have you got a warranty on it?

It could just stop working again...

yep it just started working without doing anything

if it does fail though sending it back to lik-sang would probabbly be as expensive as the cart was, i want a proper action replay with pc link port anyway, so if it dies im not too worried

Are you feeling brave?

If you are, open up the cart and have a look inside.

It could have the solder points for a D25 connector.

It seems strange that a company would come out with a completely new cart at this stage of the Saturn's life.

I'm wondering if this is a copy of an AR and they just left the connector off of an AR board for reasons of cost.

could someone please help me. I just purchased an ems 4in1 plus cart (action replay) and I cannot seem to swap with 4 meg games. it works fine for every game but anytime i try to swap out a 4meg game it says that the cart isn't inserted properly and that i need to reset. what exactly is the proper swap method for a 1/4meg ram game? i have a model 1 saturn. or is the card crap?

theres no solder points in there, i can scan the board itself if you wanted me to, it is labeled as a 34m ram card - 13 in 1

and 1998 is on it, presumabely the year of manufacture?

(Edited by megametalgreymon at 9:58 pm on Sep. 24, 2001)

i also had save games on my one when first booted, i have seen i serveral times on the web saying it can play capcom games but does not, so have bought an action replay plus 4mb auto which says can def play them so heres hoping:shocked:

NCSX have AR4Ms for US$29, I think.

Their website appears to be down at the moment.

Back