64-pin Saturn mod

Myname

Established Member
Right, after the last disaster, this HAS to go well. On playthegames it says solder the blue wire to chip 8. But I read somewhere else that this is back to front so it has to be chip 54. Can anyone who's done it confirm either way for me please?

Id like to know as well I read on the instructions which lik-sang linked to that it was the 8th pin down on the left if your lookin at it from the side of the saturn but another site said it was the opposite side, my mate messed up the soldering but as soon as he gets a desolderer or I buy another saturn were gonna try again and I dont wanna mess up.

one thing I think I just figured out might be wrong with my Saturn Modchip,when I ordered it from Lik-Sang Xand Y are allready soldered together, How can I tell what number my system is? 0014 or 0019? I dont yet understand this part? Other than that maby LikSang just gave me a bad mod, ( most likely, bad company from what I hear. )

Originally posted by Myname@Mar. 29 2002,14:42

Right, after the last disaster, this HAS to go well. On playthegames it says solder the blue wire to chip 8. But I read somewhere else that this is back to front so it has to be chip 54. Can anyone who's done it confirm either way for me please?

This has to do with the way the Mod-Chip is inserted into the Motherboard. It has nothing to do with which pin to solder to.

As for 0014 or 0019...Well 0014 refers to pin 14 on the 32 pin IC chip (where to solder). Nobody has an explantation for the 0019.

We've already sorta gone over this...

http://litespeedcomputers.com/sx....;t=3379

I have never had any problem with Lik Sang or Lan Kwei. I have ordered mod-chips and they came well packed in less than a week by uninsured airmail to the UK. There were no installation instructions but these are easily found on the net.

At the end of the day you are talking about a chip which can be broken by installing it incorrectly or even by handling it wrongly (static can kill them apparently). I must admit, when mine didn't work initially, I also thought what a load of shit. But I persevered and experimented and eventually it worked. I must have installed it incorrectly about a dozen times - getting those big red balls and buzzing noises on the boot up screen but eventually it worked (maybe they are not as delicate after all).

I have also bought other stuff from them with no problem - the games are originals and not copies, and the control pads, converter carts, vcd cards, etc. all have worked.

The biggest problem is getting a definitive set of installation instructions for the 64 pin chip. I would post a pic of mine but I don't have a camera. I wonder if I could scan it...

Back