A bugs life for sega genesis

Congratulations - Hooked On Phonics didn't work for you. The original page said:

Piracy leads always to arrests, community service, hefty fines and prison sentences.

(emphasis added)

The presence of any software "pirate" not arrested makes this statement false. A single case of a bust does not make it true.

Also, if that news bulletin is real, whoever wrote it was being substantially negligent - the article contradicts itself regarding the legitimacy of the cartridges. It also seems to suggest that the average going price for an MD game is about 30 pounds, which I find a bit hard to swallow.

Err.... What exactly is Yoshi's problem? Anyway I don't think pirated mega drive carts would go for that much, I mean you can get originals for just a couple bucks at second hand shops. Also even if the stuff was worth that much, since the mega drive was discontinued a long time ago I doubt that any percentage of the figure would've went to the developers of the software.

edit: oops, my bad just read mike's post. Still it's an exaggerated figure.

Read the actual ELSPA page on that story, ExCyber. Our resident troll has taken the trouble to find and replace "Playstation" with "Genesis/Megadrive" and "compact disc" with "cartridge". God knows why.

The actual story reads:

"The compact discs, all for Playstation format..."

Even this story is bullshit - it assumes the average PS game retails at 30 quid, when the majority of titles sold these days cost between 10 and 20 pounds each.

Mike

Originally posted by Mike G@June 10 2002,01:44

Read the actual ELSPA page on that story, ExCyber. Our resident troll has taken the trouble to find and replace "Playstation" with "Genesis/Megadrive" and "compact disc" with "cartridge". God knows why.

The actual story reads:

"The compact discs, all for Playstation format..."

Even this story is bull**** - it assumes the average PS game retails at 30 quid, when the majority of titles sold these days cost between 10 and 20 pounds each.

Mike

That is because playstation is not sega and the genesis does not use CDs (unless you have the sega CD expansion) .

Look, can't you just go away now?

Your posts are

A) stupid

cool.gif
inaccurate

C) childish

D) not apprieciated

E) did I say stupid?

I can't even fathom what you are really trying to get at.

That is because playstation is not sega and the genesis does not use CDs (unless you have the sega CD expansion) .

Well thanks for stating the bleeding obvious, I really wasn't aware of these facts
sarcasm.gif

Your point is lost as nobody here is copying Genesis games, nobody here is selling them, and nobody really cares anyway.

And one last thin I wanted to chime in. The people that were busted did about 60K worth of piracy. Doing it by yourself and keeping them for yourself is something totaly different. Not condoning warezing/piracy myself, but one person versus a piracy ring are two different things.

Originally posted by sizone@June 04 2002,15:46

hmm. the elspa link apears to be dead, how unfortunant

now if all those 4 member anti-hentai groups would dispaear in a similiar fashion i might actually hev the desire to leave my house again

so, theoretically speaking, if i bought a copy of the sega smash pack for the dreamcast, doesthat intitle me to having a copy of the phantasy star 2 rom on my h.d.d.?

try this one then

I thought this dude was IP banned??!!

Persistant little shit isn't he?!?!
angry.gif

You REALLY must have NO life in order to keep pulling this crap all the time
sarcasm.gif

If he has dial-up his IP will change all the time.

you have to admit, his posts can give you a good laugh during your day.

Who gave him his member status subtitle? hahahahah :)

If any mod of this site sees a post by this guy, delete it. Or better yet, make a censor for that website addy he keeps on promoting to something like www.cocksuckers.com (sorry if that is a working link
blush.gif
). That way whenever he does promote it, it will be sent somewhere else.

If you do delete all his posts, at least it give Akron (sorry for the bad spelling) something less to worry about, and he will grow tired.
biggrin.gif

Back