Bubble Bobble featuring Rainbow Islands

Amon

Staff member
2007-05-28 to 2007-06-03; Sega Saturn

Bubble Bobble is an arcade game by Taito, first released in 1986. It was ported soon for numerous home computers and game consoles. The game features two Bubble Dragons, Bub (Japanese "Bubblun"), who is green with yellow spikes/horns and Bob (Japanese "Bobblun"), who is blue with cyan spikes/horns. Together, they journey through the Cave of Monsters to rescue their girlfriends. They move over a system of platforms, busting and pushing bubbles, avoiding enemies and collecting a variety of power-ups.

Rainbow Islands is a 1987 arcade game from Taito. The game is subtitled "The Story of Bubble Bobble 2" and is the sequel to Taito's hit game Bubble Bobble from the previous year. It is the second of four arcade games in the Bubble Bobble series (followed by Bubble Symphony and Bubble Memories, but know that its direct sequels are Parasol Stars and Bubble Bobble Part 2).

The basic premise of the game is that each level is an island which is slowly sinking into the sea. The player must therefore get to the top of each level, by jumping on platforms and making use of the game's most distinctive feature: the ability to produce solid rainbows, which are used both as platforms to stand on, and as a weapon.

Attachments

• Bubble_bobble.jpg
    Bubble_bobble.jpg
    126.6 KB · Views: 181
I got that game on PC but not on Saturn. In fact I've played only to Bobble Bubble but not really to Rainbow Islands. I din't find that game as good as BB.

I was more a fan of Bubble Bobble than Rainbow Islands... I have finished the game but not the good ending :(. I also liked Bubble symphany or however you spell it for the saturn. Lots of fun :D. FYI I hate the SX arcade verson... it just doesnt do the game jusitice.

Back