Cell phones

when i can't use mine, i just climb up a telephone line and yell.
wink.gif

Explain to me THIS:

Cingular and AT&T both carry the Ericsson T60 (a really really nice phone). However, only Cingular has Internet browsing capability.

Anyone know why?? As soon as my contract runs out I'm switching to Cingular for that phone. It's worth it.

Because its like a ISP...... (56k)

AOL has proxies, others dont.

Cell phones same thing, the phones are made for the carrier and its software is designed for it. Some companies dont do internet yet.

AT&T does do internet though. The phone physically doesn't have the browser capability. They simply 'took it out'.

Today, I found out why though. AT&T pulled support for all it's old Internet phones (Mitsubishi and Ericsson). They currently have no internet phones for sale.

When the T68 is released they are changing the way they do billing for the phone - per megabyte rather than flat rate. I suppose people like me put a huge strain on their internet cell phone network - you can get the internet for free on their phones right now - unlimited access, and with a data cable you can access the net via laptop or whatever. The only thing you don't get with their free service is the ability to visit sites that aren't in their portals, and have an email address. They have a ton of sites on their portals, so I rarely use the URL thing, which is a pain to use anyway. Free access ain't so bad.

All the more reason to switch to Cingular, I guess.

Back