Creating Saturn ISOs

I've been using WinImage to back up all of my PC Games, Programs and Applications without a single problem. However, everytime I attempt to create an ISO from one of my Sega Saturn games I get a misc. error. Has anyone else had this problem? Is there another ISO-creating program that you've had success with in backing up your personal Saturn collection with? Any help is appriciated. Thank you.

Thank you very much! The CDRWIN method works like a charm! I just couldn't stand to think about losing Sonic Jam or Virtual On without having a backup.

On another note, and I know the answer has a 99.999% chance of being "No", but... Was there ever a release of Sonic X-Treme out on the net? The levels looked so cool, it'd be a shame for them to never to see the light of day. The gold-brown checkerd level is just begging to be played...

the only reminents left to us of sonic xtreme are the sonic world area in sonic jam and sonic in christmas nights. nothing else has ever been ripped

This is interesting.... I've backed up a couple of my Japanese Saturn games using the CD copier from Adaptec Easy CD Creator 4.0 Deluxe under Windows 98 SE .... and not a single problem yet. I copy to the HD first and then burn the target disc in DAO mode ...

The original discs have always been one ISO track, multiple CDDA tracks. Where is the problem, I wonder?

Of course I have no way of checking whether my backups would even be working (no MOD chip in my Saturn), but IsoBuster reveals to me that the tracks on the original and backup CDs are always exactly the same in size...

Any thoughts on this? I have no desire to *rip* games as bin/cue, only make identical copies of them. I should be fine, right?

practically any cd writing program will copy a saturn game perfectly fine, its just writing them to an image that might not work

its also prefered to rip as either bin/cue or iso/mp3 as those formats are supported by most programs, and are patachable for the country code (unlike the dreaded cdi/discjuggler and the like)

I don't rip but i want to burn. what programs burn well. #### annoying thing is that cd-r win don't work nither does ezcd or nti... this sucks wang. what ELSE is there?

Back