Dreamcast Rush

I have NEVER played a SMS system. I was one of the hords of nintendo players back then, I didn't even know what sega was, lol :)

I saw a SMS at a flee market once, and almost bought it, but it didn't have the connection wires to hook it up to the TV or an outlet, so I didn't get it. Im not sure, but I don't think I bought things off of the net back then, so I figured I would never see the connectors, too bad, I would like to try it out now. Once I am done with collecting DC games at stores around where I live, and I have my PS2 + some good games, Ill go get one off of ebay, maybe try out some games like Alex the Kid, I have heard it was a very good title.

From I've heard the SMS uses the same AV connectors as Genny1.

I never had a SMS [it was too expensive for me as a kid], but had lotsa games later for use on my Genesis Power Base Convertor. Oh, and later still for use on my GameGear with the MasterGear thing. Those games were great. A little offbeat compared to NES, but very fun and pretty cool. I never had Phantasy Star sadly. I never even played it until SMS EMUs got out on the net. I'd still like to get it, but I'm not down for a high priced 8bit game. Maybe I'll trade for it someday. :)

I cant belive it! I forgot all about playing the games on emulators. Im going to get one for my Dreamcast now so I can try out the games. Anyone know of a good SMS rom site? (Yes, I said rom, don't freak out admins, just trying to get a tast old fashoned sega goodness).

I just won a complete copy of PS for SMS on eBay for $33 shipped. A little higher than I wanted to pay, but considering it's already rare and likely to get even more so, it's not too bad. I wish I could find more SMS games locally, buying even the non rare ones off eBay is expensive once you factor in shipping. I only really got it so I could get an actual copy of PS though, so I'm happy :)

Wow...SMS. I haven't played in sometime. That is the next sega game system I have to get. I have a lot of sega systems except that one.

I did manage to get a DC for 49.99 with free copy of sega GT at best buy this morning...ugh..had to wait in line for over an hour but was worth it. I also picked up Jet Grind Radio for 7.99. They also had Metropolis Street Racer for 7.99 too....good bargins.

Now I have a backup DC in case mine goes out.

I'm the kind of guy that would spend money on cheap DC games....

Kyosuke75

Hmm, I should get myself a backup DC as well.

BTW, have you noticed how BestBuy makes the size of the XBox look smaller and the GameCube bigger? That's
icon_lol.gif

mainHomePage20011118.jpg

I'm sure that best buy add with the big arse gamecube and the tiny xbox were photoshopped in. They probably weren't holding anything at all...

Does anyone remember when KB was selling dc controllers for $4.00?

I wish i got in on that one... *sigh*.

I'll let you guys know if I see any good DC deals...we should see more to come.

Kyosuke75

Hello all, I've started a new thread on this board. It has a list of several retailers with cheap dreamcast games. Most of them have an excellent selection (much better than Best Buy) that's in the $10-$20 range (give or take in some instances). Check it out if you're looking for DC on the cheap.

Hey...I'm one of those that picked up a Dreamcast this weekend. I'm givin' it for my brother this christmas.

Best Buy was selling it with a free copy of Sega GT!

Yeah that's the one I had tried to get, which led to my looking at other places for one. I just posted the list to try and be helpful. Since I had already done all that work to find stuff, I figured I'd let other people know what I found.

i doubt any more sega produced dc games will hit american shores.. space channel 2 might see a jap release thou..

the way i see it the only new american dc titles will be released by agetec, since they seem to be falling into the niche of snapping up decent jap titles and translating em to us systems (fatal fury motw for dc, assload of em for psx)

Back