Dreamcast Soundtracks?

IceMan2k: Not sure if it counts as an official soundtrack, but I have the bonus music disc from Grandia II, want it or is it too early to put up DC soundtracks? Basically, it contains the in game music from the GD-ROM.

I have that also.

Not sure yet about DC soundtracks, very new, dont want to get into trouble.

If you connect the dreamcast to a pc, you might be able to extract the adx files and audio tracks without many problems like copy protections, right?

The dreamcast soundtracks intrigued me a little bit, so I want to make some custom soundtraks from the gds I have. But I don't want to bother to make the necessary cable and get the software if it is a lost cause.

And don't tell me to extract the adx from copies because most of them are monoaural and sound awful (compare a copy of soulcalibur with the <must have> original).

Funny, I was thinking about this today. I have 2 CD's which were given ONLY if you had pre-ordered the game. A Space Channel 5 "inspired" soundtrack and another from Jet Grind Radio. These titles were never sold and can't be bought...Does that make a difference?

Quote: from 3rdman on 4:51 pm on Sep. 29, 2001

Funny, I was thinking about this today. I have 2 CD's which were given ONLY if you had pre-ordered the game. A Space Channel 5 "inspired" soundtrack and another from Jet Grind Radio. These titles were never sold and can't be bought...Does that make a difference?

Officially, it doesn't make a difference. It still wouldn be illegal to put up. Unofficially, I don't think Sega would care. They don't make Dreamcasts anymore, you can't buy the CD (well, you could on E-bay), and Sega took no profit directly from these CD's when they were originally released anyways.

Well, If Iceman wants them, it's his. But, I got to thinking...although these soundtracks are videogame "inspired" they all contain copywrited songs. The more I think about it, the worse it sounds. LOL

BTW, does anybody know where I can buy the "official" JGR soundtrack?

Back