FBA WIP

here are testing results :
bombjack has a problem with slave cpu
zaxxon has a problem with assigning bg scroll value

another point about satcom (for cafe-alpha)
SatLink.exe usb_dev_cart.ini -l d_zaxxon.bin 0x060B4000 -x sl.bin 0x06004000
it would need a parameter to auto quit satcom :)

"SatLink.exe usb_dev_cart.ini -l d_zaxxon.bin 0x060B4000 -x sl.bin 0x06004000 -exit" ?

Please let me know if it doesn't work as expected :)

"SatLink.exe usb_dev_cart.ini -l d_zaxxon.bin 0x060B4000 -x sl.bin 0x06004000 -exit" ?

Please let me know if it doesn't work as expected :)
ok, i admit, it works perfecttly, you thought about everything. in fact i started to be bored to forget to close previous instance of satcom and to restart loading binaries

ok, i admit, it works perfecttly, you thought about everything. in fact i started to be bored to forget to close previous instance of satcom and to restart loading binaries

Glad it did the job :)
I really need to add a page about SatLink/satcom_lib usage somewhere on my homepage ...

> i admit, it works perfecttly, you thought about everything.

I rather think this is just a lucky coincidence : my software (especially the ones I write at work) are usually filled with bugs/specifications lacks/etc :D

another unexpected game working (never worked before)
pacman.jpg

Last edited:
Thank you ! Favorite games from my childhood are game gear ones. I can't wait to play them on my Saturn :)
What is the interest to add both CZ80 and raze ? Is there compatibility issues with raze ?

Thank you ! Favorite games from my childhood are game gear ones. I can't wait to play them on my Saturn :)
What is the interest to add both CZ80 and raze ?
more games run with cz80, i can't say which one. also i've added shadow dancer support thanks to dink (fba team)
Is there compatibility issues with raze ?
yes because i did the port of faze from sh4 to sh2 and i added free bugs :) for now, Game gear runs with Raze.
I'm having troubles with colors and i don't know yet if my cycle patterns are correct.

yes because i did the port of faze from sh4 to sh2 and i added free bugs :) for now, Game gear runs with Raze.

That big assembly monster in your github page ? That's difficult not to add bugs in such 500+ KB .s file :D

I'm having troubles with colors and i don't know yet if my cycle patterns are correct.

Sorry you're more experienced around this, so I can't help you a lot regarding VDP2 settings.
After I get rid of Pseudo Saturn Kai, I really want to start having fun with VDP2 :)

That big assembly monster in your github page ? That's difficult not to add bugs in such 500+ KB .s file :D

Sorry you're more experienced around this, so I can't help you a lot regarding VDP2 settings.
After I get rid of Pseudo Saturn Kai, I really want to start having fun with VDP2 :)
the big asm file was generated with m4 app and i'm not sure i would be able to modify the min file.
i've fixed some colors problems, added start button support, now i'm on sprites :

Image1.jpg

some fixes done for GG maybe it's ready for user testing.
still no support of 8 sprites by line (gg & sms), it's really speed eater, maybe with some slave cpu use it could work.
it affects mainly/only Virgin games (cool spot, mick & mack, etc)

some fixes done for GG maybe it's ready for user testing.
still no support of 8 sprites by line (gg & sms), it's really speed eater, maybe with some slave cpu use it could work.
it affects mainly/only Virgin games (cool spot, mick & mack, etc)

Thank you ! I really need to download some free time ^^;

Back