Final fight cd jap and us version

Beside the chicks what else is different in the JAP version? Are the voices different? Also is there any difference between the genesis version and sega cd version of earnest evans?

There are a few differences, the ones you mentioned:

Boss - JP= Damnd US= Thrasher

Boss - JP= Sodom US= Katana

Also, the bit from the intro where Jessica is in her underwear was replaced in the US version with a clothed version, and the JP version has infinite credits, whereas the US version just has 3.

I wasn't aware Earnest Evans had been released outside of Japan! That's another one to try and track down :biggrin:

(Edited by segasonic at 1:04 am on Mar. 16, 2002)

That reminds me... Ever wonder why old arcade games limited your continues? I abandoned Haunted Castle (Castlevania Arcade) because of that crap. I mean, you're paying to play, so why make you restart if you pay too much?

Yeah, good point...

It makes sense on a console game, as it helps to stop you completing the game on your first sitting, but I thought the idea of a coin-op was to make money for the vendor by making the player keep sticking money in. I got caught by a Final Fight machine once, I spent a fortune getting to the end only to find that the machine was set to not let you continue at the final boss! AAAAAARRRRRRGGGGGHHH!!!

(Edited by segasonic at 1:12 am on Mar. 18, 2002)

Back