Genesis gets power but no light

My SEGA Genesis Model 1 is not turning on, i opened it up and noticed that in certain areas (like the voltage reg) it was at 0.03V-0.04V and in others (like the power jack itself, FB1 etc) it was at 14.59V!
So then i found that at the bottom sides of the D1 and D3 diodes is at 14.59V, and at the top it is 0.06V, (is that normal?) D2 on the other hand has no voltage in it.
if confused about the location of things.

I'm honestly not familiar with what the various points should read at, but as for that negative voltage, it sounds like you just mix up your leads on you volt/multimeter while reading that point. Reread it using the black lead on ground (either find a point on the board that's 0 volts or if there's any sort of metal chassis use that as your ground) and the red lead on the point. You should get the same value, except positive not negative. If you did already read it correctly and you're getting a negative voltage, that's likely your problem. Hopefully someone else will stop by who's more familiar with the genesis hardware, possibly with a data sheet for the motherboard so you can be sure about the values you should be reading, instead of doing it blindly.

Back