Half Life 2 Query..

I've heard that this famous "Hydra Stab" Scene was removed from the final HL2 game, like a lot of scenes from the Doom3 alpha. Is that true? If so that sucks since this was probably the most famous scene.

si_halflife2_02_lg.jpg

And what about these Tripod robots? Were they removed also? This is such a "World of the worlds" rip-off

How do you fight them?

4.jpg

By the way, what's this sinister looking tower? Is it the city's futuristic Citadel? It's been shown in every review of HL2

Do you actually get to go inside? Do you fight a boss in there? It looks cool!

half-life_2_innercity.jpg

half-life2_scrn14.jpg

11.jpg

And finally who this old man in the monitor?

He looks cheap.

05.jpg

Is the game linear or does it let you explore a lot like Unreal 1, Heretic, Hexen 1 - 2, etc...?

I thought Unreal 2 sucked because it was short & incredibly linear.

So I wouldn't want to mess around with anything like that again...

Oh and does this game have End level Bosses & cool music like the 1st Unreal 1?

Thanks in advance...

I finished this game some time ago, I'll try to answer some of your questions :)

1) I don't recall seeing this hydra thing in the game

2) The tripods are present in the game, you also have to fight 2 of them simultaneously at one point. To destroy them you need a good bazooka and to play a lot of hide & seek ;)

3) The tower is the "bad" aliens HQ, you'll enter it and go to the top. You'll have a close tripod fight inside !

4) The old man is supposed to be the highest ranking human in the alien organisation, completely sold out to them, he is on every monitor all over the city to spread propaganda (directly toward you at the end)

HL2 is fully scripted, meaning that's it's totally linear. Do not expect any freedom.

And there isn't any end level bosses, hard passages are well brought, like when you get surrounded by ground and aerial forces in an isolated farm with your fellow resistants. There are helicopters, explosions everywhere, a real battlefield ... thoses passages are nice :)

Back