Hey Chat live DCchat once a week!

*sigh*

So many conclusions to jump to, so little time.

Mysticales posted someting about Bleem! hacks.

Curtis asked if it was appropriate for a admin to talk about warez (which Bleem! hacks are) on this board.

Is it that hard to understand?
sarcasm.gif

Hmm? Dont quite follow you. Im just giving the reason bleem gave for discontinuing bleem. They got tired of hackers posting bleem all around to make people stop buying it. So in return they discontinued the project. All who remember bacl then know that one. What I asked is, If bleem comes out again for pay, how long would it be till they go down again due to hackers?

Quote 1:

Originally posted by Mysticales+June 01 2002,20:39--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mysticales @ June 01 2002,20:39)</div><div class='quotemain'>If its Bleemcast then it would be ok, The PSX needed some SERIOUS work on. But lets ask this.....how long till Bleem gets hacked again?[/b]

Quote 2:

<!--QuoteBegin-Mysticales
@June 02 2002,21:14

Hmm? Dont quite follow you. Im just giving the reason bleem gave for discontinuing bleem. They got tired of hackers posting bleem all around to make people stop buying it. So in return they discontinued the project. All who remember bacl then know that one. What I asked is, If bleem comes out again for pay, how long would it be till they go down again due to hackers?[/quote]Nowhere in your first post (the one Curtis replied to) do you refer to hacking as the reason it was discontinued.

You don't mention owning it.

You do ask when it will be hacked again. Can you see why Curtis reacted in that way?

It's all very good to elaborate now, but that's not what you said at the time.

Thats the problem here! Everyone cant WAIT to jump on others! I mean I shouldve HAVE to always say "Hey I own this!" I mean all you who think everyone cant POSSIBLY own something legal, you need to leave! Im tired of seeing people here who cant WAIT to jump and say "Warez! Warez!" when they dont know whats going on!

Are you feeling guilty or something?

No one said "Warez! Warez!" other than you.

Originally posted by Curtis@June 01 2002,21:52

What's this? Warez talk? Shouldn't you be setting some kind of (positive) example here Myst?

Curtis asked a fair question. You made an ambiguous comment about bleem hacks. I believe he was asking for clarification. Notice the question marks?
sarcasm.gif

You know, I can just see Arakon closing another thread for this turning into a jump on 'so and so' fest. Mal...stop living up to your names meaning. If you have any cognative ability toward reading and emoting feeling into subtext you would have come to another conclusion of Curtis's post. But no...let's all play stick together and jump on Myst (or if it was Cyn)....again! It's time to stop this crap, boys. It's gettting so none of the women can make a post without some pre-pubescent idiot jumping all over them. What's wrong.....still think they have cooties?

Originally posted by falstaff@June 01 2002,08:22

It's time to stop this crap, boys. It's gettting so none of the women can make a post without some pre-pubescent idiot jumping all over them. What's wrong.....still think they have cooties?

I don't think it's so much of a gender issue as scrutinzing each post. At least, that's what I thought. Maybe I'm wrong and you're absolutely right, too.

Who knows.

Originally posted by mal@June 02 2002,06:44

Are you feeling guilty or something?

No one said "Warez! Warez!" other than you.

Originally posted by Curtis@June 01 2002,21:52

What's this? Warez talk? Shouldn't you be setting some kind of (positive) example here Myst?

Curtis asked a fair question. You made an ambiguous comment about bleem hacks. I believe he was asking for clarification. Notice the question marks?
sarcasm.gif

Um... Curtis SAID wares first soo....? I don't know were your going with this??? Nothing Myst typed was wroung in anyway?

But thats just me not starting trouble just need some more info?? ???

falstaff, what's up with you?

All I'm trying to do is clarify what a friend of mine had said.

Have you actually read what I posted?

All I've basically said is lay off Curtis, because when Mysticales first posted it could have been assumed that she was enquiring about Bleem! hacks. Some people had gone off onto 'emulators aren't illegal' tangents and I felt that's not what Curtis was on about.

I'm not trying to jump on Mysticales. If you see it that way then maybe you're still being overly defensive after the recent spate of attacks. ???

Actually, bleem was discontinued because they went broke. One reason they went broke was because they stopped working on the PC version for the DC version which didn't sell as well has they hoped. It had NOTHING to do with anyone hacking bleem or whatever was said. The company figured a Dreamcast market would boost their sales and help slow the huge debt that had incurred from the outrageous legal fee's that Sony had so graciously bestowed upon them.

Woah - talk about a can of worms ???

To clarify:

I asked the question I did simply because it seemed that some none-too-subtle hints were being dropped about future releases of hacked versions of Bleem!Cast. Given that a lot of the Forums subtitles loudly proclaim that warez (god I hate that word) isn't allowed in any way shape or form, I questioned if that was appropriate to discuss here, in the General Forum, at SegaXtreme. I also questioned, in a indirect way, if it even was warez talk.

Maybe I misinterpreted something among that sea of incomplete sentances and I appologise if I did, but it was only a question. It wasn't meant to be anything other than that.

Well, technically if anyone does anything to alter the program files on any of the bleem! discs (pc, or dc) without written consent of the company, then they are breaking the law (if they distribute it to ANYONE), so I hope this answers your question, anyway, they've been fairly lax about warez here lately so this may fall under the 'talk about it, just don't give a link unless it's subtle' clause.

How can BLEEM "the 1 sold in stores Illegal?" for the love of god tell me, nobody as givin " 1 " damn resone why it is so. And none of this "altering program crap" every program on your computer was stolen from another company and alterd some how...."Remeber Windows ya that program u use!"...lol

Bill Gates? Wares Prez!....lol

???

I hope that's got it sorted now. *sigh*

Obviously not.

Bleem! in itself is not illegal.

Any hacked or cracked versions are.

Does that make sense?

Originally posted by mal@June 02 2002,13:17

All I've basically said is lay off Curtis, because when Mysticales first posted it could have been assumed that she was enquiring about Bleem! hacks. Some people had gone off onto 'emulators aren't illegal' tangents and I felt that's not what Curtis was on about.

I'm not trying to jump on Mysticales. If you see it that way then maybe you're still being overly defensive after the recent spate of attacks. ???

Mal...sorry if I came on too strong. Maybe I am too defensive or sensative. I'll take some milk of magnesia and a hot bath. But cumulatively, there has been a trend lately in some threads. Too much idealism I guess. Chalk it up to being a cancer. We have an overwhelming urge to take care of, or protect others. Damn. ???

Originally posted by mal@June 02 2002,08:17

See THATS what I meant about "Warez Warez!" talk. People "Assumed" That I was asking about a warez version or something. Thats what has to stop here in SX. People cant just assume that someone is talking about illegal files or so. Not trying to jump on you here, just pointing something out
wink.gif

Do you see where im coming from?

Also Bleem went broke due to the fact no one bought it anymore, mostly people didnt care when they could download the same thing online for free! Also they needed support for plugins, Then it wouldve been better. I bought bleem so i COULD say I have a legal version of a PSX emulator. =)

fallstaff, I know about the trend you speak of. There's still a lot of negativity floating around here and people are a bit twitchy. I'm trying not to buy into that at all. Things will settle down soon, one way or another.

Mysticales...

*sigh*

The lady doth protest too much, methinks - Hamlet Act iii. Sc. 2.

LOL some get what I mean =PPP

But SX isnt this all and might "Holy" place
wink.gif
Some try to make it out to be and do a "Crusade" to smite the wicked. Thats all. See what im saying?

That's nice that you think this is funny. I used to think SX was a 'clean' place, but I no longer think that. I've got more to say on this but I'm not going to because I don't want to leave myself open to accusations of bashing. ???

Nah SX isnt clean clean.

Its Abandonware for Sega. Ask Iceman if you dont belive me. Its just that sometimes there is MORE here then just "warez" sometimes people talk about normal stuff, then others think they are talking bad =(

Back