how can i combine .rar files

i have a game elan doree and it has a .rar .000 .001 .002 and so on how can i combine them into one full .iso image cuss each contain a .iso and some sound file so how can i combine the .iso into one

Open up your *.rar file in WinRAR, and then extract it [like you would something in a zip file] to the folder of your choice.

BTW, it only has one ISO file in those archives. It's just split into multiple volumes for easier d/l-ing.

Elan Doree is a pretty ordinary game, but doesn't the RAR part count as a stupid post? IceMan...

Even if it's not stupid, god knows what would happen if it should actually be posted in the Tech Help forum. ;)

to make sure you get all of the file from it, right click the rar, select extract to folder

this will extract every file from all of the part archives, whereas if you just open the rar in winrar you may end up with only the files partially in that rar

I once downloaded something that just had .001, .002, .003, and .004. No .rar. I just opened the .001 and it worked.

If you open the *.RAR everything in the volume set will be shown. If you open one of the volumes [*.Rxx] you may have the problem Mega mentions.

Two mo' thangs...

Elan Doree ain't that bad. It has some kinda cool looking effects at least.

If you get an archive where the volume set starts with *.001 that would be the equiv to *.RAR - if it starts with *.R01 you're most likely missing *.RAR & *.R00. For some reason lotsa people from the world of warez like to use the *.001 naming convention. I think they find it less confusing for new people - you know how they hate any kind of questions.

Back