How do you tell the difference between Terra Drive

racketboy

Established Member
Here's the situation -- I had a ripped copy of Soukyugurentai, but I believe it was the original release that has some graphical flaws when played on a US Saturn -- as discussed here. Since then I've been trying to find the later version that is supposed to run better. However I have recently sold my Saturn so I am no longer able to test games on a real Saturn. (emus are my only chance).

So I need to tell the difference between a ripped copy of the original release of Soukyugurentai and the re-released version with the Battle Garrega demo on it (Soukyugurentai Otokuyo?). Are there any files size/track length/number of tracks differences or anything?

Some of you many have noticed that this is a similiar question to this question of mine about Night Trap

Any help would be appreciated.

I don't know about the distinguishing marks that would tell you the difference without actually burning it (or running it from HD in your case), but couldn't you patch the region of the file you already have? That might make it run okay, not sure. I know the original release does run correctly if you install a region switch.

Also, there is sort of a work-around, as I mentioned awhile ago. Just don't touch the controls until your ship is fully launched and ready to go and it's supposed to minimize the graphical errors.

Check the boot-area of the cd for the game ID number (T-xxxxx). Isobuster/Nero can do this right from cd, and CDmage - from iso (it'll be at LBA 0, use sector view/browse track).

Here are the codes:

T-10616G/ SOUKYUGURENTAI/Electronic Arts Victor(SHT/1997/2/7/5800/-/-)

T-10626G/ SOUKYUGURENTAI OTOKUYOU/Electronic Arts Victor(SHT/1997/12/18/2800/-/-)

Here are the headers for all the versions you could find, you can distinguish the game with these :

Soukyuu Gurentai JAP T-10616G 1.003 13/01/1997

Soukyuu Gurentai JAP T-10616G 2.000 28/01/1997

Soukyuu Gurentai Otokuyou JAP T-10626G 1.000 30/10/1997

Back