Is this a modable saturn?

Hey guys, im new at this saturn deal!

I just picked up a mod board which comes with a cable. Is this the mod your talking about? It only has one wire attached. It also has two plug in bays on the thing. If it is the same mod, then ya, heck it was easy to find! I was going to goto lik-sang to get one, but I don't have a credit card so I asked around and I got the better two cable kind. I got it for the same price too!

And about gettings mods, whats with your obsession with the internet?!?

The "obsession" with the Internet, in case you really hadn't figured it out yet, has to do with the fact that its usefulness does not directly depend on the user's physical location. Does the word "accessibility" mean anything to you at all?

Most internet stores clear room for new consoles and whatnot.

As it turns out, most "real" stores do this too.

If you want to find things more likely you'l have to go looking for it at a real store, because its already so late in the game for Saturn.

No, we have to go looking for it on Internet stores because it's already so late in the game for Saturn. Hardcore game shops really aren't all that widespread; the best many people have locally is a Babbage's or Software Etc, which shouldn't even be in the same sentence as "hardcore" (but there it is).

Its the same thing like the Sega Genesis for example. It was infact very popular, but im also equaly sure it would be very hard to find any store who sells them still online.

I disagree with that statement.

Your best bet would be to go looking in retail stores in person for someone if you wanted them.

I don't know what kind of temporal anomalies you're accustomed to, but I've rarely seen it work that way. Retail stores are fantastic if you want a vast selection of overpriced used sports games, though.

You need to go in person to get special stuff done.

Yeah, funny how there's about 4 people on this board who seem to think that there's always a magical hardcore game shop overflowing with neat hardware second star to the right and straight on 'till morning, but it turns out that game stores don't do that well in a lot of places...

I personally don't have a problem with the mods from Lik-Sang.

I've installed two of them and they work great.

It took some preparation, and one false start, but I've had no real problems with them. In fact when I get another one (to try to hack it into a 20 pin saturn), I'll probably get it from Lik Sang. I don't feel that they are particularly overpriced. They are nice and easy to get.

In Australia, I've never seen a shop, chinese or otherwise, that stocks Saturn mods. Nor a stall at a market. Nothing.

While they may be (or may have been) easily available to others around the world, good for you, 'cause you can't get them here.

I'm not complaining that I can't get them locally. It's quite understandable really. I know that the Saturn was never really that popular here, and any popularity it had has passed.

However, the internet makes them available to me and to many others who can't find them locally. Which ones can you get online? The 'two wire' mods. I'd say that a majority of people here can order form Lik Sang, yet a only a handful can say that they could get a 'pass through' mod today. Are you beginning to get my point?

All I am saying is that comments like these:

Originally posted by Cecilia Chen@May 06 2002,15:25

Sanyo Units are pretty easy to mod. Just take your 21 Pin mod, and put the CD ribbon into one end, and take the other CD ribbon cable (Supplied) and plug that into the mainboard. Then just check to make sure your power is connected and everything should work. The trick is to ignore the PC-Trap board as it does nothing.

aren't very useful to the majority of people around here.

I sorry mal, could you explain this whole minority/majority thing to me again?
biggrin.gif
sarcasm.gif

Originally posted by Curtis@May 10 2002,16:54

I sorry mal, could you explain this whole minority/majority thing to me again?
biggrin.gif
sarcasm.gif

It's people like you what cause unrest.
biggrin.gif

Is it possible that this mod board, that comes with a cable to attach to the mother board is simple the reguar mod board that is sold by lik-sang or lan-kwei, with the extra ribbon cable you can buy at said internet stores, included with the package? It's just an extra length of 21 pin ribbon cable that they sell so you have an easier time fitting the mod board and don't have to stretch the cable in the unit too far.

http://www.lan-kwei.com/saturnE/

Back