Is this REALLY worth it? - Top loading NES

Considering that I got mine for $30 US and most sell for $90 upwards I'd say that's a ripoff. The top-loading nes itself is cool because, unlike the old nes, the connectors inside get a whole lot less dirty. The controllers are spiffy too!

Buy It Now Price: $250 AUD

Given the current currency conversion rate (<span style='font-size:8pt;line-height:100%'>1 AUD = 0.508300 USD</span>), that's $127.08 in U.S. Dollars.

Hehe, the auction closed with no bids.

Top loader isn't realy worth it unless A. You don't own a Dreamcast, or B. Your against pirated games. Personaly I own 3 NES systems, and about 60 games, but I play them using NesterDC for my DC istead because they work perfectly (in other words no messed up sprites, or flashing little light on front of system), and my saves don't get erased like they would with a normal NES. If you have never tried NesterDC and own a dreamcast (plus a cd burner), you should realy try it out, the newest version (ver 4) is almost 100% perfect in every aspect that it could be. You can find it at www.DCemulation.com

edit:
Don't kill me for mentioning this, I know that im not supposed to mention anything that has to do with roms, but I realy do think this is one of the best ways to play the games. *cowers in fear of Karnys wrath*

(Edited by Fabrizo at 1:46 am on Nov. 19, 2001)

Quote: from Fabrizo on 10:43 pm on Nov. 18, 2001
and my saves don't get erased like they would with a normal NES.
True dat, out of the total number of "stressings" that I've suffered due to save deaths, none have been more tragic than the Final Fantasy's (several times), or the Dragon Warrior II.
Now if I want to play a battery back up game on the NES, I have to make sure I never take it out, because I'm sure that if I try and "make it work" again, the save will go bye bye.

Back