Metal Slug 4 USA AES

So if that's not the issue, what is?

It can't be that the Atomiswave is inferior hardware (to Neo-Geo) and that this is a bad move because of it. I still think it's a resistance to change IMHO.

The Neo is a piece of machinery that people are pretty attached to, much like the Amiga. You can't blame 'em for that, it's a damn fine piece of hardware. Also, a lot of people are worried about the crappy look of low res sprites streched and pasted onto a high res 3d background.

Originally posted by mal@Jun 4, 2004 @ 12:34 AM

So if that's not the issue, what is?

It can't be that the Atomiswave is inferior hardware (to Neo-Geo) and that this is a bad move because of it. I still think it's a resistance to change IMHO.

yes fakk2 doesnt like change so thats more likley that , than the issue of money .

Metal Slug 4 was cool, mainly because it tried being like the very first game. Unfortunetaly, that was not possible due to the changes they made in the game engine since the time. (you cannot massacre 10 soldiers standing in the same place with 10 repeated shots for example, because when one of them dies, his corpse will "hold" the bullets)

The game has ton of nostalgia value and a nice Mission Impossible-esque soundtrack.

Metal Slug 5 on the other hand, was crap. It started along pretty nice, and played pretty nice, up to the first level after which it got stupid and annoying.

I guess what it all comes down to is this, I dislike change! I knew it was just a matter of time til the Neo-Geo got forgotten about, but I honestly would rather spend good $$ on a NEW Neo-Geo home cart in a beautiful AES Snaplock case and manual than buy some cheap ass looking crappy arcade cart for the Atomiswave system. I could care less if Atomiswave looks and sounds better... thats not what Im into spending my money on. Sure I got some nice Arcade machines lying around but they arent like a Neo-Geo home cart and never will be IMO. I wouldnt care if Atomiswave was actually expensive like the Neo it still doest grab my intrest. So to hell with Metal Slug 6 and KOF Neowave.... I hope the Atomiswave dies a horrible death!! (from what people are saying about it anyways it looks as if its sales are horrid and its going the way of the Dinosaur!!). So screw atomiswave!! Long live the Neo-Geo! ;) :cheers

Back