Not really a big problem, but I do need some answers.

I've just installed my mod board/chip on my US Saturn and everything is working, I think. I have a few questions. First off, let me give you some information so you know what the heck I'm talkin about.

My system doesn't play real Japanese games. It is modded and the games are original, not burned, and it doesn't play them. I don't know if the mod is supposed to let me play original imports or what.

Anyway, it does play my US burned games, but there is one exception. It plays the Japanese burned game Radiant Silvergun. I don't know how it does. I don't think I burned it any differently, but it does play it. Perfectly at that. I might have converted something to US or something like that, but I have no clue how it is working.

Questions:

Can the mod help to play import games? It doesn't really matter too much though, because I just ordered a Pro Action Replay 5 in 1. You know, with the 4m auto. It's pretty cool. it should be here soon.

Do you have any idea as to how RS is playing? And if there is a way to make Japanese Burned games play them please inform, it would be great.

Thanks in advance everyone! Bye.

My system doesn't play real Japanese games. It is modded and the games are original, not burned, and it doesn't play them. I don't know if the mod is supposed to let me play original imports or what.

I've heard rumors of modboards that can do that, but for the most part modboards only get around the copy protection. Saturn is not like PSX - the territory and copy protection are completely separate mechansisms.

Do you have any idea as to how RS is playing?

You probably got one that had already been converted to US/Canada. Radiant Silvergun is a fairly popular game, and it's not uncommon for people to rip their own burned copies of games when uploading them.

Back