Optimus Prime kicks ass????

My parents were always into giving me the creative-type toys as well. Legos, Erector sets, chemistry sets, etc. Also the mighty C64, of course. I liked 'em for the most part, and I still love legos. They even went so far as to ban me from having an NES for quite some time. Big mistake, I think it just fueled my desire to play video games. I never had too many action figures growing up, although I watched Transformers, He-Man, etc. I also read a lot of comic books, mainly Fantastic Four, X-Men, and the old Floyd Gottfredson Mickey Mouse and Carl Barks Donald Duck reprints.

Nowadays I wish that I still had that guidance pushing me at times.. I'm a creative sort, but I just don't feel all that energized/motivated to experiment with stuff all that often.

Just what are these Erector set of which you guys speak?

Whatever they are, they certainly have an *ahem* interesting name.

Erector Sets: They were like Lego Technics, only made out of metal.

Heh... I started reading John Saul books in 4th grade, then Stephen King in 6th grade. I actualy got in trouble at school for them, too! In 6th grade, a bunch of the idiots in my class stole my copy of "IT" during recess and were looking through it for cuss words. Apparently it was my fault. Then in 7th grade, my teacher objected to the title of the John Saul book I was reading, The God Project. (I went to a catholic grade school. :bs )

And Megatron rules all!!!

erector-set-7--1-2.jpg

This is the erector set I have... it was my grandfathers when he was a kid, my uncle Doug's when he was a kid, and then mine. I will be giving it to my children as well.

The thing is pimpin'... it comes with a motor and you can build things that do stuff. Like I made a helicopter (to heavy and motor to weak for it to fly though) a rollercoaster that worked, an automatic bottlecap remover (how gay), all kinds of neat stuff... my favorite was I got a newer erector set as well and it came with the motor remote. I could then make cool RC cars by using all the motors I had!!!!

Oh did I have a fun time with this thing.

In regards to the original topic, I don't know. I haven't watched Transformers since I was like 10 or somewhere around that age, I don't remember what Optimus looks like. In fact I can't remember my childhood at all except for a few small details. Basically just the exact dates I got certain game consoles.... I just now noticed, my entire life revolves around videogames. :/

Back