Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast LAN multiplayer

vbt

Staff member
great info, who would try ?
ega turned off the game's official servers only three years after the game's release, so normal online play is no longer possible. And with Outrun Online Arcade now available only to those who purchased it before it was removed from PSN and Xbox Live Arcade, there's very little Outrunnin' happening online anymore.

However! It is still possible to play Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast's PC version locally with your friends on LAN multiplayer and that means it's possible to play online with programs with the help of special software that create Virtual Private Networks, or VPNs for short.

Here's what you need to do:

1) Get a copy of Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast for PC. The game was released in 2006 and it received several budget-priced re-releases so finding a copy shouldn't be too hard or expensive. I found mine a local game shop used for just a few bucks. Here's an eBay search for the game.

2) Software to create a VPN. There are many, but popular ones are Tunngle and Hamachi. Both are also free for non-commercial use.

3) Install the game and the VPN software. Coast 2 Coast works perfectly with modern computers and supports high resolutions and new controllers, I'm running Windows 7 64-bit and the game runs in 1920x1080 resolution and it works with my Xbox 360 controller without a hitch.

4) Start the VPN software. I'm using Tunngle. You do need to create an account for it, but it is free.

5) Locate the game's room. You can either browse for it through the menus (it's under Sports) or search for it. Double-click the game's name and...

6) That's it! You are now in the room and everybody else there is listed on the right column. These are the people you can start a multiplayer race with. Start Outrun 2006: Coast 2 Coast, choose Multiplayer, LAN and either join a game or host one yourself.

Try it out and see how it goes.

source : http://www.rolling-start.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=22

Some Outrun 2006 hacking here :

http://forum.arcadecontrols.com/index.php/topic,130891.360.html

Back