PS2 CDs (Purple Bottom)

Originally posted by Arakon@April 15 2002,09:15

first of all, that crappy POS no solder dooropener does NOT play import originals and fucks up constantly with cds over 640 MB (i.e. dvd rips). it's not even a modchip, all it does is open the #### door.

the neo 4."5" doesn't even exist yet. it's easier to solder, but why the #### would anyone want to waste 80$ on a crap chip that only does cdr no-swap, when you can get a messiah for 110 that does everything? plus, neo 4 doesn't do imports either.

You know anyone who's used one of them? You used one before? I'm just curious as to where you get the whole Door Opener thing (yes, by further reading, I found out that it can't play Imports).

Edit: How does it screw up on games higher than 640 MB?

How does it screw up on games higher than 640 MB?

I'm not 100% sure, but as I understand it, that's the approximate size of the Action Replay CDs that you need to use to swap. Since you're doing a "pure" swap method rather than using the eject function, the CD/DVD controller doesn't get properly reinitialized, and so it errors out if something tries to access beyond that point, even though the CD actually in there has data in that area.

Back