question about the action replay 5-in-1's

i know that the older action replay 5-in-1's that had 4megs of RAM could run most capcom games but they couldnt run Vampire Savior

my question is was the box for the older Action Replays that couldnt run Vampire Savior a light blue in color????

cuz ive seen another Action Replay 5-in-1 for sale on Ebay that is in a light purple box and the seller claims its the "latest edition" of the Action Replays

also if the color of the box is an indication of the carts incompatibility with Vampire Savior how difficult is it to perform the "modification" ive read about here to make the older Action Replay carts work with the newer fighting games (aka Vampire Savior)????????

I bought my '5 in 1' a couple of months ago, new, and it came in a purple box.

Hope this helps.

(edit) I'm home now and looking at the box.

It's actually violet and purple.

Hmm... I was looking for their website for a link to a picture of the box, but it seems to be gone.

(Edited by mal at 9:02 pm on Nov. 1, 2001)

so in general how difficult is it to mod an old 5-in-1 to play the last saturn fighting games????

or should i just spend some more cash and try to win the purple box "latest edition" cart???

I bought mine from NCSX and had it shipped to Australia, and I'm sure the Canadian dollar can't be worse than ours :(

Quote: from mal on 12:10 am on Nov. 2, 2001

I bought mine from NCSX and had it shipped to Australia, and I'm sure the Canadian dollar can't be worse than ours :(

Actually, I think it's about the same, or slightly better.

Well Shinshiro, if Curtis is right about the Canadian dollar, you have my sympathy.

It cost me A$76 (A$152 for two actually) to get a cart shipped to OZ.

(edit) I've now checked further and mine is a v2.01 firmware cart.

(Edited by mal at 12:10 am on Nov. 4, 2001)

Back