Quickest and Easiest way to..

Why work so complicated?

Go to Bios,turn the automatic overheat shutdown function off and then Vcore value and multiplyer to the max......

and it burns,burns,burns.....

come on, you lot arnt very inventive are you?

Mains in the serial port/Ethernet

Iron Filings in the PSU

superglue on the cooler fan

Arakon's multibios image flashed into the bios (bit of a shoutout :) )

Playing frisbee with the hard drive platters

Petrol in the floppy drive

Desolder the northbridge

turn it on and off 30 times at the wall socket

stir your coffee with the dimms

read these, they are your bible

http://bofh.ntk.net/Bastard.html

http://www.theregus.com/content/30/index.html

Guys you dont get it. She wanted a "discreet" way of crashing it...like natural way...

Ram going dead

That Idea I had for processor (Since no one looks in little holes)

Overheat and so on sorta works however you will know someone fucked with it...yea you CAN set the voltage and cores up thats good too.....however only some bioses do this rem? Anyways SIMPLE NATURAL ways to kill it....if you have to do more. then its too much

There is no natural way to destroy a PC...the only way to do it is by overheating,i mean without destroying any of the parts using brutal force :)

Maybe a non destructive method? boot witha floppy with linux and do:

dd if=/dev/audio of=/dev/hda bs=1024

/dev/random would do as good and is more general...

Now For a better one, I would go to upgrading the BIOS to teh appropiate version as previously suggested, but interrupting the process is a quite good idea in such a case =).

Finally, fast power cyclying is very effective...hehehe (BOFH rules!) or, place a staple or needle in the ATA BUS, later break it.

Or just bring some of the usual users who want to learn how to check the mail at you local computer room for a couple of minutes.. I bet they are able to destroy it without knowing how... and leaving no traces.. LOL

OK, OK, discreet...

Download a powerful virus and infect his PC, like Chernobyl, useful if he don`t have an Anti-Virus or switch the power supply to 220, that suggestion was good.

Quote: from Scylla on 1:41 pm on April 9, 2002

OK, OK, discreet...

Download a powerful virus and infect his PC, like Chernobyl, useful if he don`t have an Anti-Virus or switch the power supply to 220, that suggestion was good.

You're right Scylla. That damned virus did pretty good job to my PC back at 1998 (Proccessor melted,hard disc deleted, and CD drive ??? destroyed [don't know how]).

switching it to 220v would most probabbly do nothing dammage wise

its the other way (110v when it should be set to 220) that would dammage it

giving it half the voltage it expects it just wouldnt boot properly or at all until switched back

Back