'Rare' Apology

SkankinMonkey

Established Member
What a horrible piece of 'news' this is. The author of this article really needs to get his shit together, I'm sure he doesn't write professionally anywhere other than his beloved fanboy UK cube site.

First off, the 'Rare' apology is not even endorsed by Rare, it is an 'anonymous employee' which is changed to 'Mr. X' by the second paragraph. Am I the only one that thinks anonymous 'employee's' are hardly credible when it comes to 'official' apologies? Yes, I work for microsoft, I'm sorry that we sent several companies underground, yes, i really do work for microsoft, just don't quote me by name.

Also, the author of this piece mentions the apology is uncut but apparently cuts off the apology near it's end and starts a new paragraph with, "Ooh er, that went on for quite a bit." Right.

"Call me sentimental, but Rare and Nintendo fitted together so perfectly." I can almost see the fanboy crying now, this is pitiful. This is not real news, this is some fanboy most likely creating a story up from nowhere. Read the URL. Gamecube Europe, not a credible newssite such as MSNBC, CNN, theRegister, etc.

And the final nail in the coffin to this piece of work speaks for itself. "Their 'apology' offers no consolation towards this. Microsoft and Rare? It makes me sick. Who's next on Wild O' Bill's plan for mass market domination? Nintendo? " Ah yes, the obligatory anti-microsoft rant that everyone seems to go into nowadays. Nevermind the fact that Rare is a business and businesses are in the game for PROFIT, not fans. Sure, loyal fans are a sort of fixed profit, but if you're loyal you like the games the company makes, not the system it's for, right? Oh wait, it's microsoft.

TheReg is hardly credible.

A friend of mine used to work there, aparently they were ordered to churn out quantity over quality.

But other than that, you make some good points.

I just posted that, because, i got a good chuckle out of it. (I knew Karny would as well) From now on, ill post news from more credible sites.I hope that didnt upset you too much, SkankinMonkey...

(Edited by cww80 at 2:44 pm on Nov. 12, 2002)

Back