Discussion in 'Saturn' started by herrgafgarion, Nov 23, 2001.
would it be possible to make a switch for the saturn cd lid???
yeah. remove the door switch and solder a switch via 2 wires to the 2 points. then you can switch it open/closed with i.e. a flip switch.
anyway i can do it without soldering??? im sort of an idiot
ok so for someone dumb like me
could you explain how i do this in detail???
Ok. I thought I read somewhere about a lid switch, but haven't seen the paper around. So I did it myself. It's simple as #### and easier and less frustrating as taping the switch.(This is sure to work for model 1, probably model 2)
What you'll need:
-Soldering iron (Isotip preferable )
-SPDT switch from Radio Shack
1. Unplug the Saturn
2. Open the Saturn
3. Disconnect all internal cables
4. Look at underside of top half. You will see a bar that leads to a switch with two wires running from it.
5. Solder a wire to each point on the switch.
6. Run the wires through the cartridge slot or cut a hle for the switch in the front, above the controller ports.
7. Solder the other end of the wires to the SPDT switch, one in middle and one on either end.
8. Close the Saturn and enjoy!
If it always detects the lid closed, make sure you didn't spread solder between the two contacts.
thanks dude...now i just need to learn how to solder
Separate names with a comma.