Sega Releases Sega Arcade Gallery for GBA

I have played it on a real GBA.

Overall its a very good product, but just for retro fans. Younger players wont like the 10-15 year old graphics.

Overall the graphics are superior to the genesis version of the games, and closer to the arcade games.

The music is faithful to the originals, and the control is responsive.

I give it 4.5 out of 5 stars!!

Suppafly

Originally posted by suppafly2k@May 22, 2003 @ 08:52 PM

I have played it on a real GBA.

Overall its a very good product, but just for retro fans. Younger players wont like the 10-15 year old graphics.

Overall the graphics are superior to the genesis version of the games, and closer to the arcade games.

The music is faithful to the originals, and the control is responsive.

I give it 4.5 out of 5 stars!!

Suppafly

cool!

have you played Sega Ages on the Saturn?

I'm just wondering how it compares to that.

Basically the same games but with Super HangOn included

The Sega Ages compilation on the Saturn is pretty much pixel perfect when compared to the originals, so that's a lot to live up to.

Here are some pics of the GBA versions.

Originally posted by mal@May 22, 2003 @ 11:13 PM

The Sega Ages compilation on the Saturn is pretty much pixel perfect when compared to the originals, so that's a lot to live up to.

well other than the resolution and everything

I meant in reguards to the control, sound, and stuff like the background popup (is that the correct term) etc

wish I could see some Movies

Yes, it does look similar to the arcade games, its a very good arcade to console traslation.

I recommend this game to whoever liked any of those arcade games, the games look like the saturn versions!!!

COOL!
smile.gif

Originally posted by racketboy@May 23, 2003 @ 12:18 AM

I meant in reguards to the control, sound, and stuff like the background popup (is that the correct term) etc

wish I could see some Movies

Wow! I played it yesterday and it's better than I expected:

After Burner (not AB2 or AB Complete): the control sucks (I used to play AB2 on my Saturn with the analog pad, so I can't really compare), while the music and effects sound decently. The scaling is quite bad, there's a lot of pop-up and the smoke trails that follow your missiles will make you laugh.

Space Harrier: Good control, good sound, great graphics -although you'll notice some missing sprites if you've played the Saturn version. An excellent -and very fast- conversion.

Hang-On: Another good conversion, although the road looks quite pixilated.

Out Run: The control and musics are OK (Magical Sound Shower sounds very well!), and everything is very fast and smooth. Btw, some sprites have been changed :confused (take a look at the stone columns in the second stage).

All the games are better than the Genesis conversions, although that doesn't mean they are perfect graphically. But what really shines is the fun factor, since these games are as fun as they were when they were released. I'd buy it if I were you.

oh I didn't realize it was AB, AB II
sad.gif

At least OutRun sounds like it's good

I need some arcady-type games for my GBA, so this should fit the bill

I've been playing Hang-On and OutRun this evening
smile.gif

BTW, has anyone finished Space Harrier? I forgot to mention that there's no easy mode here, and Space Harrier is one of those hard games. Curiously enough, I remember it being slower -maybe because I used to play Sega Ages at 50Hz
rolleyes.gif

Back