SHENMUE 2

yeah duur, haven'[t you ever looked at a boot disk? See those lines? Those are false code ( well for illegal ones) just to make the dc think it's booting a real game up with real code. BTW, what boot disk is u usin. I use the innovatoin super game converter brand.

Japan uses NTSC - you need the boot disc to defeat the region protection.

EDIT: Hehe. In the time it took me to write this, there were two replies. Oh well... ;)

(Edited by Curtis at 12:10 am on Feb. 21, 2002)

o ok thanx akuma and curtis for clearing it out

i didnt know i thought that it used a differnet standard

and gallstuff i dont use a boot disc i use the gameshark CDX

lol well ya but its not only a boot disc its a..well... gameshark! codes and stuff

we are both half right it is a boot disc but its also not only a boot disc

lol always on top of things eh andy? lol

you migh also like to note that neither the xbox or gamecube is released in europe yet either

which is probabbly why the last few relases on dc made it to europe but not the us

Well we allready have it.We can import stuff you know?Just like you did most of you did with Shenmue 2.Plus noone in Europe needs these consoles.The Xbox is gonna cost around 450$ in europe.Would you pay 450$?I think not!Well,DoA3 is great but i prefer playing VF4 and tekken 4.I dind't see even one game that could bring me in the position of even thinking about buying this console.The Gamecube is a cool console but i don't see anythind besides Biohazard that i would be willing to play...so you see it doesn't suck to be us....you find loads of imports here,most of them come one day after the japanese release over here.Well back to Shenmue 2 ;)

And the reason why Shenmue 2 made it to Europe and Japan is because Microsoft just bought the rights on the us version of Shenmue 2.So Sega just released the way they planned to...that explains that the Shenmue 2 Xbox version will most likely not be made by Sega.

i wonder if shenmue2 for xbox will be a simple port or a new game made from scratch. a lot of sega games for ps2/gc are straight ports of dreamcast games. they dont even bother cleaning up the graphics or anything! if you;re lucky they throw in some stupid little extra thing. oh well, it probably wont matter to me since im not going to invest my hard earned money in an xbox.

Shenmue2 for Xbox will take more advantage of the Xbox's power...but to what extent is unknown. Its supposed to be released by winter 2002.

Quote: from eatpenguin on 6:33 pm on Feb. 23, 2002

i wonder if shenmue2 for xbox will be a simple port or a new game made from scratch. a lot of sega games for ps2/gc are straight ports of dreamcast games. they dont even bother cleaning up the graphics or anything! if you;re lucky they throw in some stupid little extra thing. oh well, it probably wont matter to me since im not going to invest my hard earned money in an xbox.

yeah i hear there will be a lot of extras in the xbox version

Quote: from 3rdman on 6:11 pm on Feb. 23, 2002

Shenmue2 for Xbox will take more advantage of the Xbox's power...but to what extent is unknown. Its supposed to be released by winter 2002.

hmm.. from what i;ve read, shenmue2 xbox will be an identical game, or at least, gamewise and graphicwise, as the dc game, much like what they did with crazy taxi for gc and ps2. and microsoft will dub it to english. which makes sense, because most americans (i said MOST) are too lazy for subtitles.

"most" includes me.

(Edited by eatpenguin at 10:13 pm on Feb. 25, 2002)

Quote: from eatpenguin on 12:13 am on Feb. 26, 2002

Quote: from 3rdman on 6:11 pm on Feb. 23, 2002

Thats right.They said its allready too perfect....i think they are just too lazy :)

hmm.. from what i;ve read, shenmue2 xbox will be an identical game, or at least, gamewise and graphicwise, as the dc game, much like what they did with crazy taxi for gc and ps2. and microsoft will dub it to english. which makes sense, because most americans (i said MOST) are too lazy for subtitles.

"most" includes me.

(Edited by eatpenguin at 10:13 pm on Feb. 25, 2002)

Do any of you think its worth waiting for an xbox version to come out, or would it be better to import the euro version of the game for the DC?

If there are differences in the titles, nobody knows about them. Chances are the Xbox will recive SOME kind of upgrade...even if its just the upgrade to 5.1 surround...but an upgrade nonetheless.

I'm pretty sure the story and gameplay will be the same so it's really up to you...As for me, I'll get both. I just LOVE the Shenmue series.

Back