SHENMUE and SHENMUE II, BEST GAMES EVER!!!!

actually a few of those are real. Like the one with cats's face on time magizine? That one actually was real...

while we're still on the topic of shenmue, another question. right nw, i'm on disc 3, where im looking for a job. and it's still BEFORE christmas. i get the feeling that i rushed throught the game. would slowing down and spending more time at the arcade change my outcome in any way?

Quote: from Supergrom on 12:45 am on Feb. 20, 2002

Quote: from Gallstaff on 2:49 am on Feb. 20, 2002

all your base are belong to ryo!

(Edited by Gallstaff at 11:51 pm on Feb. 19, 2002)

hehe, thats hilarious. WHile we are on the subject, Lockecole2's AYBABTU flash movie is pretty sweet =) gotta love all the photoshopped images... errr, i mean sightings.

i dont get it i heard it before what does itmean

"all you base are belong to ryo"

Quote: from SEGA DAVID on 8:08 pm on Feb. 19, 2002

yeah spend all the money that you can in shenmue 1. you have to get whole SETS of toys in order for them to be worth something. So my best advice for you, eatpengiun, is to get a VERSUS BOOK SHENMUE GUIDE. it had a list of all the toys that you can get and they are in sets, so you can check off each one once you get it and see how many sets you have. the guide is really nice, has EVERYTHING in shenmue, and also it had profiles for every character and animal in shenmue.

than when you get to hong kong in shenmue 2 if you have any money left use it up on zippos. than when your money gets robbed you wont have like any left so you dont have to worry cuz there wont be any moeny left when you get robbed. than simply go to pawnshop and you will get like a lot of your money back (maybe even all of it back from shenmue 1 cuz the sets sell for a shit load lot of money)

need anymore help? just post

eatpenguin i hope this helps you with that other question you had and if you ever need anymore help on shenmue 1 or 2 you can post me or PM me ill be happy to help! :smile:

in the mid-late eighties...(what a coinsidence) there was this genesis game called zero wing made for the genesis. This game is infamous for it's HORRIBLE translations. One of these, of course, being all your base are belong to us. That should have read, we have conquered your base. Something along those lines. As i was saying shenmue is not well translated in some parts of the game at all so i just thought it would fit if i put "all your base are belong to ryo" get it, got it, good.

o ok lol thanx for clearing it up

i heard "all your base are belong to us" at a differnt forum but i didnt know what it meant

thanx for clearing it up

I don't realy care for Shenmue eather. The game is very deep and is graficly mind blowing (for a DC game), but the slow pace of it can realy make the experience of the game dull and tiring. In some ways the game reminds me of Seaman: A very promising game in its own right, but in the end to slow and unrewarding for the endless amount of time you put into it.

Err, Fabrizo, I think Gallstaff was talking about Zero Wing. This is kinda the wrong thread to dis' Shenmue in ;)

Oops. Oh well, at least I got my two cents in. As for Zero Wing, I never played it before. What type of game was it anyways?

(Edited by Fabrizo at 2:46 am on Feb. 23, 2002)

agreed, fabrizo

both shenmue and sea man are little too slow for me...probably why i;m on the third disc in december! but i like the idea of a fighting game/rpg hybrid. and the whole neighborhood scenes remind me of where i grew up. so it has a little special place in me ^_^ as for sea man, the only reason i bought it was for the microphone. not taht i ever use/play it, but it was only 9.99

... i rented genkidechu once... JUST to see the technoligy... yup that's right.... and no matter what you say, the right action occurs.

Quote: from eatpenguin on 6:24 pm on Feb. 23, 2002

agreed, fabrizo

both shenmue and sea man are little too slow for me...probably why i;m on the third disc in december! but i like the idea of a fighting game/rpg hybrid. and the whole neighborhood scenes remind me of where i grew up. so it has a little special place in me ^_^ as for sea man, the only reason i bought it was for the microphone. not taht i ever use/play it, but it was only 9.99

i like the pace of shenmue and shenmue 2. its perfect. for me its actually too fast. i would rather spend 2 months playing it than 2 weeks. and i DONT really like slow paced games. so i kinda disagree that it is slow paced. but hey i grew to love it maybe thats why i dunno

well actually it doesnt matter for me if a game is slow or fast paced, as long as its good

i only dont like movies that are slow paced

(Edited by SEGA DAVID at 11:31 pm on Feb. 26, 2002)

did u already get the bad ending?

what date are you on right now and at what part of the game? be specific. i can tell u if you will make it or not

Back