• Rise from your gwave!

Shining Force 3 Scenario 3 problem

Discussion in 'General Tech Help & CD Burning Help' started by Sky, May 30, 2002.

1. Sky

Sky New Member

Hiya all

I've download Shining Force 3 Scen 3 ISO a long time ago. ISO file with a mp3 track known as track02. I converted the ISO to PAL using saturnconverter(since my Sat is PAL) and converted track02.mp3 to wav. Then I burned it using Easy CD Pro (of course I joint the audio file).

Then I do the swap trick, and in the very first battle when I or an enemy attack me, the screen goes black, music is playing but it freezes. And displays some stupid error.

I was wondering if any of you had this problem. My ISO had 386 MB (405.504.000 bytes), the mp3 track file had 320 KB (327.680 bytes). When I converted the mp3 to wav the file got 2,25 MB (2.359.296 bytes).

If you can help, please reply!

Thanks for your time

Sky

2. M3d10n

M3d10n New Member

I have the EXACT same problem.

Let me guess... did you downloaded it from Ralos' FTP? I've got 4 coasters right here. 2 of them actually run on my Saturn, but gimme read errors on the battle scenes.

I suspect that rip isn't good, maybe it got a few erroneous sectors in the ISO itself (or zeroed sectors).

I'm glad (?) you posted this. I was starting to suspect my Saturn laser lens were getting weak, and was going to mess with the laser power switch. Now I'm sure that rip is bad.

Dang... I had to wipe out most of my saved games to allow Scenairo 3 to save (what a MASSIVE save file).

3. M3d10n

M3d10n New Member

Guess what? The game crashes on emulators too, at the same point:

[​IMG]

So the ISO at Ralos FTP is corrupted indeed. I'll warn him about that.

Meanwhile, I'll try to find it on another FTP, and I'll also try to re-upload it to Ralos.

4. Sky

Sky New Member

Wow, so it's really corrupted. Thank god it's not a problem of my console

It would be cool if you could re-upload a working copy of Sf3 scen3 cause I can't wait to play it... Scenario 1 and 2 were some of the best games I ever played in a while.

Thanks a lot, Prince M3dion [​IMG]

5. M3d10n

M3d10n New Member

I was busted!

You saw through my l33t disguise...

6. DrizztDo'Urden

DrizztDo'Urden New Member

This is an oooold post, but has this porblem been solved? I have the same, got the image off a DC hub (the now dead DC world). Does the FTP have a good rip now?

7. mal

mal Member

Don't ask. There are no requests here.

If you want to find out, you have to look for yourself.

8. Taelon

Taelon Member

Ralos FTP hasn't been around for a long time, sadly. That said, whoever you decide to get the game from, you should just ask them if their version is good or bad...

9. DrizztDo'Urden

DrizztDo'Urden New Member

Technically I wasn't really requesting the game (as in a specific where is..? question), just asking about them. Sorry anyway [​IMG]