Shining Force III

mal

Established Member
What level do you have to be to change class for a second time?

Also, is it worth my time to train up Penn?

Well I'm confused.

One of the FAQs I'm using from you know where lists most classes as having three levels, for example:

SOLDIER

Equip: Dagger, Sword, Rapier, Blade

Promotion: Soldier => Swordsman => Light Bearer

Any ideas?

I read the FAQ's and found this:

Orichalcum weapons can only be used after the second promotion, which can only be attained in Scenario 3

I played only scenario 1, so I didn't know it and I couldn't find anything about the necessary level for the 2nd promotion.

(Edited by Shinji at 11:35 am on Jan. 9, 2002)

Thanks. I read some of a Scenario 3 FAQ and it says how you get promoted again.

Does anyone know if Penn is worth the effort of training up?

I remember reading in a FAQ that Penn (it's this Eggie guy, right ?) is here just 4 fun and is very bad, unless you spend much time training him. And even if you do he'll never be really strong. Beat Scenario I the first time, and then play it again with Penn if you want to laugh ;)

There is no point levelling him up, but it is fun to collect the mascot characters in the three scenarios.

If you get the ones from 1 and 2, then Pendolf (is that the right name?) is unlocked in 3. He isn't much better though ???

A reply six months on.
ohmy.gif

I did train Penn up after all and he kicks ass for a penguin.
biggrin.gif

Yeah, I thought I would revive a really old topic for no apparent reason
biggrin.gif

I really struggle to level Penn up because my force are so good they all tend to kill enemies with one attack, so none are left with 1hp to be killed by Penn.

I tend to put Penn with Synbios because the enemy will 99% of the time attack the leader. So Synbios (being much stronger) takes the hit and I just let Penn slowly hack away at the enemy.

It also pays to have a healer on hand just in case.

Getting Penn to use (not equip) cursed rings for their magic is good too.

Back