Show us yer kit!

The speakers are on top of the monitor. It's my old Cambridge PC Works system I had on my computer before I got the 4 point surround system. It's got a nice powerful subwoofer (for it's size anyway). The DC controllers are on top of that.

And yeah, my carpet is pretty dirty, but it IS my basement ;)
I thought those were Mickey Mouse ears for that monitor. LOL!

Here's one of my two hookups. (i'll post my other hookup later in the week)

hookup1.jpg

It used to be a lot neater, but my TV table broke, so I'm using the ground and speakers to hold things until I get a new one.

(Edited by FLEABttn at 9:15 pm on Jan. 15, 2002)

The episode where Homer looses the family's life savings on an animation company, so to get more money, he becomes the test subject of some company. They discover that Homer is very dumb, so they look at the X-ray of his head, and discover that a crayon is stuck in his brain. So then everybody loves the new smart Homer, but then Homer gets everybody fired from the power plant, so they all hate him. So to fix that, Homer has Moe put a crayon in his brain (which is the scene that is taking place above). So, Homer becomes dumb again.

Well, since everyone's getting into this, I figured what the ####... I might as well too. :) Behold the Admiral's Pillar of Peril.... MUAHHAHAH!!! just kidding.... I'm sure this is peanuts compared to what some of you guys have.

Entire Setup

<font color="white" size="1">1024x768 (348KB)</font><font color="white" size="2">

Please excuse the darkness here, my camera's flash is pretty weak.

Here's a shot of the setup. Yamaha rxv595a DD/DTS receiver, Energy eXL 5ch setup with matching es8 sub (not pictured). Proscan 27" screen.

Floored Consoles: (bottom middle)

Master System, Mega CD2, PS2 (right of megacd. very dark. see close up photo)

Racked Consoles:

(Top tier) Genesis 32X, 1st gen Genesis, 1st gen Sega CD, Goldstar 3DO, Super NES with SuperUFO backup unit.

(2nd Tier) Action Max Control Deck, NES, Mitsubishi u746 SVHS vcr.

(3rd Tier) Pioneer DSS receiver, Sony s530d dvd player.

(4th Tier) Dreamcast (with BBA :) ), Sega Saturn

(5th Tier) PSX, Xbox.

All devices located in this room are currently running either Monster Video3 S-Vid cables or Monster Z300 Series S-Vid Cables, along with Monster IL400 series Audio Cables. Xbox and PS2 are sharing a Monster Game Optical audio cable, and because my receiver is out of inputs, I have a Z-300 s-vid cable shared between the Xbox, PS2, DSS receiver and DVD player. It's a bit of a pain to rip it out of one system and reconnect it every time, but outside of spending $3000 for another receiver, its all i can do. </font>

Close Up Pic

<font color="white" size="1">1024x768 (346KB)</font>

<font color="white" size="2"> This is a closer shot of the heart of the setup. You might be able to make out the PS2 and Xbox better in this shot. </font>

ROB

<font color="white" size="1">1024x768 (352KB)</font>

<font color="white" size="2"> Finally, here's a shot of everyone's favorite robotic buddy - R.O.B.! </font>

<font color="white"> Well, that's about it. For those of you curious about the computer, this particular one is a p3-800 NT server (Win2k actually, but NT has been embedded into my head over the years) with 512mb ram and 180gb space. Not exactly the best of the best, but adequate for my needs. </font>

(Edited by admiralj at 8:58 pm on Jan. 16, 2002)

Yeah that's a model 2 MegaCD.

Actually your question is quite common. I guess not too many people knew about the Action Max. Labeled as the "True Action Game System" the Action Max was not much more than a control deck with a light gun interface and an LED readout for points. The games ran on VHS tapes in which you took part in interactive movies, shooting at flashing targets. If you hit a bad guy, you got points. Hit a friend and points are deducted. (If you have ever played any of the Captain Power interactive games, the Action Max is very similar.)

I believe the system was released in 1987 by Worlds of Wonder (makers of Teddy Ruxpin) with only about 8 or 9 games released throughout its life. I know the whole thing sounds really corny, but its actually quite entertaining... especially from a collector's standpoint. I guess it's just one of those nostalgia things you can't seem to get away from. :)

(Edited by admiralj at 12:50 am on Jan. 17, 2002)

hehe

the only (yes, the ONLY) thing i own right now is my trusty Dreamcast. parental units gave away NES and SNES long time ago, sold genesis long time ago, gave PSX to brother (just so he can play tony hawk), and recently sold gameboy color to buy MGS/TK3 bleemcast.

my friend is selling me his 64 (and zelda ^_^) so i can play conker's bfd.

so i guess i could still post a pic of my lonesome dreamcast and my old monitor...then again, naaaa.

I use IE6, works perfectly...

Works in Netscape and on the DC PlanetWeb Browser too.... its very basic HTML...

I have no idea why, but for some reason it seams to be working now.
eek7.gif

One thing before I submit this post though: You have an SNES and a GBA but you don't have Super Metroid or Golden Sun!? Karney, you should be ashamed of yourself
yeltongue.gif

Back