• Rise from your gwave!

So i'm an idiot!

Discussion in 'General Tech Help & CD Burning Help' started by Subura, May 28, 2002.

1. Subura

Subura New Member

So i'm an idiot!

So i dont know how to write a good cue file, and the copy i have has it as a mode 1 2048 and i know thats wrong, i burned it and tried to run it and and and and.... i'm this close to the light wing dragon!!!!

2. mal

mal Member

So i'm an idiot!

Are you burning from a bin or an iso and wav/mp3?

3. Subura

Subura New Member

So i'm an idiot!

I downloaded it as a Bin/Cue but the cue must be wrong, it wont work in a saturn and i've never seen a 2048 saturn game before.. THis is what the cue looks like

FILE "PDS_CD4.BIN" BINARY

TRACK 01 MODE1/2352

INDEX 01 00:00:00

TRACK 02 AUDIO

PREGAP 00:02:00

INDEX 01 55:03:07

TRACK 03 AUDIO

INDEX 00 55:11:72

INDEX 01 55:13:71

TRACK 04 AUDIO

INDEX 00 56:45:47

INDEX 01 56:47:46

Edit:: i used nero burning rom, and it says this isn't a good format for burning, so i used BIN CHUNKER and then burned that, ISO and wavs, no good either

4. mal

mal Member

So i'm an idiot!

Maybe this is a dumb question, but where does the 2048 track come into it? The cue sheet refers to a 2352 track.

I can check it against my one later today, but it looks OK to me.

Could you explain things further?

5. Subura

Subura New Member

So i'm an idiot!

Sorry about that thats the copy i edited the orignal is the same with the 2048 instead of 2352= neither copy will play in a saturn

6. Taelon

Taelon Member

So i'm an idiot!

Burning as iso/wav will work fine - I did that - if you re-create the cuesheet using Sega Cue Maker. Do not use the cuesheet that came with the bin image to burn the iso/wav files.

And yes, Binchunker will extract a 2048-byte-per-sector ISO from the BIN.

7. mal

mal Member

So i'm an idiot!

Unless something has changed, I believe Binchunker adds two second gaps of silence to the start of the audio tracks. This may or may not worry you.

I don't think CDmage does. There's a bit more work to it but I think it's worth it.

8. Subura

Subura New Member

So i'm an idiot!

Thanks for the Help, i'm off to recue!