thanks for locking my post

Yeah, kind of sad that it had to drift like that. I feel a little bad about contributing to it, but that particular attitude has a tendency of really pissing me off...

In any case, Artemio was pretty much correct, though I've never quite managed to get Hu-Go! working properly.... maybe I'll have better luck when the move to SDL is finished.

You should give YAME at try, it also plays GB, Nes, SNES, but it emulates the Turbo Grafc the best:

http://www.geocities.co.jp/Stylish/2068/yame.html

YAME also has CD emulation, but you will need to dowload the system card(s) to use it. As far as CD emulation goes it is a good as the Magic Engine, but it does not have Arcade Card support like the ME.

Hu-Go! is also a good emulator, but I would stay away from the the windows version (I haven't tried the latest one yet). I use both version 2.00 & 1.99 dos versions. I also had a little trouble getting it to work at first but after I messed around with the resolution setting in it's ini file it works perfectly now.

Ex did you say that you could play an iso image by faking the cd rom drive for magic engine? By far ME is the best turbo emulator.

I said that tools exist and provided a link to the one that seems to be the most recommended (Daemon Tools). I've used it a bit, but not for ME. Using only an ISO image could cause problems though.

Back