V-Saturn bios

Druid II

Ban Hammered
Appearantly it just got dumped. Not posting any links yet because I'm not sure if it's allowed.

I'm wonderng if anyone cares enough to look into it and see if it does anything specific, that the regular japanese 1.01 bios does not?

Code:
http://evilboris.sonic-cult.net/Bios%20V-Saturn%201.01%20(J)%20[!].rar

there you go. From what I can tell, there are 2 chunks of data where there are many changes between this and the japanese v1.01 bios. There are much more changes between every other bios version.

the internal version/date is BTR_1.019 J 950703. (the jap 1.01 bios matches the version number)

I have my saturn bios I dumped years ago, but it's just a standard north american saturn, nothing special if anyone wants it. Works great in emulators.

The retarded bbcode kept phasing out the link so I put it in a code tag, copy paste it to your browser.

dibz: what was the crc? as far as I know the only dumped bios files are

crc:2aba43c2 from japanese console, ver 1.00

crc:224b752c from japanese console, ver 1.01

crc:4afcf0fa from USA console, ver 1.01a, presumably same as the one in the EU console too

crc:e4d61811 from japanese V-Saturn console, ver 1.01

The crc for the bios I dumped from my console is:

f90f0089

Not sure which version it is, other then it is a USA model. I may have dumped it incorrectly, but the filesize is correct, starts the same as the other bios I compared it to, and boots up fine in an emulator.

You may want to upload it to some webspace cause the sites links it as plaintext. I had to log in with Firefox and save the text source as a zipfile to grab it.

But, either way, congrats sir. You just made public another yet undumped BIOS file: the UE 1.00a bios.

biosusa100a_settings.png

You just made public another yet undumped BIOS file: the UE 1.00a bios.

I actually dumped this quite a few years ago, it was just sitting on my computer.

13 downloads now, didn't realize people were actually interested in it. They sure aren't talking in the thread. ;)

I actually wouldn't be able to re-dump it if I wanted to, I still have the necessary saturn hardware but the motherboard that had the port died a long time ago.

Those are probably the same 2 persons trying over and over due to the forum opening the rar as a html page. I know I bumped the counter up to 8 or so by the time I could grab the file.

There, I just uploaded to the sx webspace and replaced the attachment with a link. Should download fine now.

Originally posted by dibz@Thu, 2006-06-08 @ 03:14 PM

13 downloads now, didn't realize people were actually interested in it. They sure aren't talking in the thread. ;)

[post=146608]Quoted post[/post]​

I downloaded it, too. Never know when it will be useful, good to have in my Saturn archive!

Does anyone know if the PAL Saturn has a different BIOS? When I run the USA bios on an emulator set to PAL mode, the sound of the bootup logo is out of sync, and the Settings menu says NTSC-C-V1.0xa (replace x with 0 or 1 depending on model). I remember that my PAL Saturn had the bootup logo sound completely in sync, and I know that the Settings version says PAL-C-V1.0xa

First of all, I am glad to see the V-Saturn dump spreading around.

But I NEVER agreed borisz from Sonic-Cult to provide the dump I made!

He unpacked the Saturn Bios zip file and provide my file without credit my name...

This means he is from a bad saturn scene? Probably... :argue

As prevention that evilborisz takes my newest dump (HI-SATURN Bios), I will post my link where you can get the complete zip package with credits (see comments in WinRAR)

go to: http://www.geocities.com/myersxxx/saturnfiles.html

or see attachment

With permission I would insert the new 1.00a into the saturn bios zip package. Of course I will credit you, dibz

And borisz, that wasn't nice, but now you get permission to host the zip package, but this time, host the complete zip file ("as is", do not alter it!!)

ps. sorry for my bad english

That's fine, you can include my bios rip. Just make sure to credit me and mention segaxtreme.net as to where it was released.

Originally posted by myersxxx@Sun, 2006-07-23 @ 12:36 AM

First of all, I am glad to see the V-Saturn dump spreading around.

But I NEVER agreed borisz from Sonic-Cult to provide the dump I made!

He unpacked the Saturn Bios zip file and provide my file without credit my name...

This means he is from a bad saturn scene? Probably... :argue

As prevention that evilborisz takes my newest dump (HI-SATURN Bios), I will post my link where you can get the complete zip package with credits (see comments in WinRAR)

go to: http://www.geocities.com/myersxxx/saturnfiles.html

or see attachment

With permission I would insert the new 1.00a into the saturn bios zip package. Of course I will credit you, dibz

And borisz, that wasn't nice, but now you get permission to host the zip package, but this time, host the complete zip file ("as is", do not alter it!!)

ps. sorry for my bad english

[post=147170]Quoted post[/post]​

Perhaps you could be glad that they are mirrored on a site that doesn't die every 5 minutes like your page on geocities?

btw, http://evilboris.sonic-cult.net/!trash/SATBIOS/

Yes, thats the transfer limit (5MB each hour). I think, for good things people can be patient :)

The Problem is, that the V-Saturn Bios file is unpacked and provided separately. If hosted, then only the whole package.

Borisz made the offer to mirror the file (mirror, not unpacking!).

So I would be glad to see the zip file at sonic-cult (that would be the mirror-server, and sure I will credit borisz for hosting)

To dibz:

thanks man, I'll create a new zip file now

Back