Virtual Boy PSU - What kind does it need??

I'm receiving a Virtual Boy soon and I would like to know what kind of Power Supply I can use with it.

I've heard something about using the SNES PSU with it, but I want to be sure.

You can't I'm afraid.

The only PSU that will work with the VB is the offical Nintendo one (I doubt there were any 3rd party ones)

Let me explain, the Virtual Boy's power comes from a battery pack on the back of the controller. It's basically a little box which slips in and out and can be replaced by the AC adapter pak.

I haven't been able to find a AC adapter for my VB up until now (I haven't really looked that hard), but I don't really need one as my VB works fine on rechargable batteries... unlike my GBA :(

i coulda swore nintendo sold VB ac adapters at their online store, but its down right now. interesingly enough though, the ac adapter used is actualy a SNES one that plugs into a socket on a box you clip on in place of the battery case. if you look at some of the later snes adapters they say "for snes and virtual boy use only"

I allready have a Virtual Boy and a adaptor for it, so I now know how it works. To bad the US SNES and the european one have different PSUs. Otherwise I could use the one from the EU snes, so that I don't need to use my stepdown convertor.

Ah well.

Back