Vnc

vbt

Staff member
Since I changed my screen, I cannot used my Saturn dev PC because the KVM with a LCD screen killed my eyes so I've just installed VNC client and server on my PCs. I've got less things plugged now :D The refresh is a bit slow is there some powerfull settings to increase speed/refresh/quality ?

I've heard the problem with these types of clients often, unfortunately I've never heard of any real fixes for it. You might think of simply picking up a different KVM switch, as you really get what you pay for. The nicer/costly ones may not have the same issues as the one you have.

I'm using VNC to access my internet gateway computer, and I don't have any of your problems vbt ... it's almost as fast as the direct connection, and in true color ...

Have you tried TSE, which should be bundled with Windows ?

dibz said:
I've heard the problem with these types of clients often, unfortunately I've never heard of any real fixes for it. You might think of simply picking up a different KVM switch, as you really get what you pay for. The nicer/costly ones may not have the same issues as the one you have.

Sure it was not the most expensive KVM (29 Euro) but it worked correctly with a CRT screen. I think I won't buy a new one, VNC looks to be enough.

Runik said:
I'm using VNC to access my internet gateway computer, and I don't have any of your problems vbt ... it's almost as fast as the direct connection, and in true color ...

Have you tried TSE, which should be bundled with Windows ?

I can't use TSE on Windows 98 except if you tell me I'm wrong :)

About VNC it works correctly, it's faster than PCAnywhere and under Remote Desktop Connection, I simply wanted to know if there was better settings to put than the default settings.

Back