What are you listening to?

I am listening to the Virtual Sonic soundtrack its quite good, some of the music from it may have been destened to sonic xtreme supposidly, i was lucky to pick up the cd quite cheaply of ebay. Though for those who dont have the chance of buying the CD you can jump over here.

http://www.planetdreamcast.com/sonic/listen/index.shtml

Taken from http://www.sonicxtreme.tk/

Virtual Sonic - Actually Sonic X-treme Music?

Believe it or not but I think that some Sonic X-treme music actually exists today; the problem is it's right under our noses... You'll notice Howard Drossin was in charge of Sonic X-treme's music. Mr. Drossin has such credits as doing music for Sonic 3, and Sonic & Knuckles. Now, Sonic X-treme was canned in 1996/1997. In that SAME YEAR, Howard Drossin released a "Sega Tunes" CD under the name of "Virtual Sonic". Subtitled with, "Enhanced Music Inspired by the Worlds of Sonic". There were 12 tracks on the CD; some were remixes, others were completely original compositions.

I personally believe it was more than a mere coincidence that this CD was released (Copyright Date is 1996) around the same time Mike Wallis pulled the plug on the Sonic X-treme project. Tracklisting is as follows:

1 -- Chaos Jam

2 -- Knucklemania

3 -- Battle of the Badniks

4 -- Boss Opera

5 -- Return to the Toxic Caves

6 -- Sonic and Knuckles Theme

7 -- Robotnik's Revenge

8 -- Metal Sonic

9 -- Sandopolis

10 - Spinball Theme

11 - City in the Clouds

12 - Sonic Triumphant

Tracks 2, 5, 6, and 10 are remixes of well known tunes (Don't be fooled by the name "Sandopolis" - it bears NO musical resemblence WHATSOEVER to the S&K Sandopolis). I've composed what I believe some of these tracks might've been used for:

1 -- Chaos Jam - Intro Sequence to Sonic X-treme, (and Titlescreen Music?)

2 -- Knucklemania

3 -- Battle of the Badniks - Boss Sequence: Fang the Sniper

4 -- Boss Opera - Boss Sequence: Generic Boss

5 -- Return to the Toxic Caves

6 -- Sonic and Knuckles Theme

7 -- Robotnik's Revenge - Boss Sequence: Final Boss

8 -- Metal Sonic - Boss Sequence: Metal Sonic

9 -- Sandopolis - Level:Red Sands Zone

10 - Spinball Theme

11 - City in the Clouds - Level:Galaxy Fortress Zone

12 - Sonic Triumphant - Ending Sequence

Gamer's guide to Rez - Rock is Sponge

Damn I wish it wasn't 2AM and I could play this LOUD!

OH YEAH! the Skinny Puppy album... it kicks major booty, leaving to philly tomorrow to see them in concert. YEY. Can't wait, shit the last time they was playing here in america was uhhhhhh, heh for FUCKING ever ago.

Van Halen - Why Can't this be Love

Did anyone else see them live recently? I did and they fucking ROCKED. There is no word in the english language to describe how amazing they are so I will make one up. The word is scrumtrulescent. Van Halen was truley scrumtrulescent. ;)

There is no word in the english language to describe how amazing they are

I think the word you're searching for is "transcendent". </Simpsons>

Oh, I guess I can't just post that... *fires up XMMS*

The Laziest Men on Mars - Invasion of the Gabber Robots

Yes, really. I'm not kidding. :hehehe:

Back