What Media Player do you use?

well i selected other just because I use 3 different players depending which computer I'm on.

My living room is Winamp

My bedroom is XMMS

and work is Win Media Player

Media Player Classic for me as well.

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey@Sun, 2005-09-04 @ 07:38 PM

I like media player classic, it works fairly well with everything and is fairly lightweight
[post=139183]Quoted post[/post]​

Well, it certainly has gained some weight especially in the last two updates. It was less than a megabinary byte when I started using it; now it's over 4.5 megabinary bytes. :p

iTunes can't be beat for music (this is coming from a former Winamp junkie)

I usually go with WMP10 for video, but I also use MP Classic on occassion, but sometime I want playlist capabilies etc, (hence the WMP10)

No option for mplayer? It's the best player out there; more full-featured than just about anything else and very fast. I even use it on my windows machine. It also loads faster than anything else.

I also use zoom player from time to time; another good player that can be customized to a large degree.

MPC for me. Any one configured it to play DVDs using a powerdvd decoder? That's what I plan on doing, when I get the time..

Originally posted by racketboy@Sun, 2005-09-04 @ 09:20 PM

iTunes can't be beat for music (this is coming from a former Winamp junkie)

I usually go with WMP10 for video, but I also use MP Classic on occassion, but sometime I want playlist capabilies etc, (hence the WMP10)

[post=139193]Quoted post[/post]​

MPC has a playlist function

VLC for video, iTunes for music. I use VLC for video because I can throw just about anything at it and it plays fine without installing codecs, and the adjustment features built in are great. And I use iTunes since I don't like the newer versions of winamp, and most of the time it suits my needs better then other players.

An old WinAmp for MP3's. Mainly because of the burning engine, they usualy go straight to CDR then into my car. I don't often play music while working on the computer, I have a TV right above my moniter.

For video, my default is this strange little bug that came with my ATI TV Wonder card. If it has trouble playing something, I go for MediaPlayer Classic. But the ATI program surprised me with its ease of use and general functionability, so I've stuck with it. For DVD's, usualy MPC, but if it's a DVD that I'm authoring and need to view from my HD (which is one of MPC's downsides), I use Intervideo WinDVD. This came with my old computer, and works just fine when I need it, despite being a resource hog.

Back