Where to buy?

Hey all!

Been thinking about getting a Neo-Geo. Is there anywhere out there I might be able to find a console other that ebay?

Well heres the best in my opinion least expensive way to get one .

Build or buy a supergun this plays actuall arcade pcb games , I built mine with monitor and two player controll panel for $85 . Then buy a neo-geo mvs motherboard cost vary from $100-300 depending on what model and how many slots you get . Think theres about 7 different m-b's available . Then you can get actuall neo-geo mvs arcade games much cheaper than there aes home counterparts , plus theres a much better selecton as they are easier to find .

Also you can play thousands of other arcade games on your gun . :)

just to clarify :

MVS=Arcade cartridge

AES=Home Cartridge

This is the way ive decided to go ive owned 2 neo-geos and about 40 games for it and newer aes home titles sell for somthing like $400 a game , but you can get the mvs version for $70 or less theres tons of games you can find for $10 on mvs .

So say you have $2,500 you can get 10 aes games or so , or you can just about get every neo-geo actuall arcade board ever made . The games look alot alike but usually the home version is in a black case and the mvs is usually in a clear plastic case . You cant interchange the two . The MVS version has about two more pins or so . There is somthing called the phantom converter , it cost $350 and makes it so you can play MVS games on your AES .

the phantom converter goes for ridiculously high prices on ebay, but I agree with you, MVS carts are very cheap anywhere as they are more mainstream than aes carts.

I want to thank everyone for their help and ideas! After much looking around and window shopping I finally sucked it in and bought one off ebay.

It turned out to be just what I wanted too! So I guess you can't beat that. Now if the damn thing would just hurry up and get here life would be more bearable, lol.

Back