Which late-night TV show host is your favorite?

Dud

Established Member
I may have butchered the spelling of some of their names. :blush:

I don't like Jay or Dave. I only watch Conan or Craig, too bad they're on at the same time.

KILBY!

GIBBY!

GOLDY!

Hey mountaindud... What Up? :lol:

I vote Kilby. Although Conan is a very close second. Conan provided more overall laughs, but Kilby provides just as many, and he's a great interviewer. Much better than the other three. Besides, he's got Goldy and Gibby as well! :lol: Look at all the stuff Kilby does as well:

Recreation of a Press Photo

What Up?

To _____ with Love

Sebastian, The Asexual Icon

And of course, all the little things they throw in after In The News.

Also, 5 Questions has to be one of the greatest things to ever happen to a late night talk show.

Another thing, is that Craigers gets the "nobody" guests. The people I've never heard of, so they get more recognition and all.

Craigers > ALL!

Leno is boring (although I due enjoy Headlines). I don't even watch Letterman.

BTW, Conan is spelled O'Brien.

Conan isn't that great of an interviewer, but he's provides more comedy. I love the interviews he does with the celebritys via satellite. :lol:

Also, who doesn't love it when Frankenstein Wastes a Minute of our Time? :lol:

And of course, (more recently anyway), The Walker Texas Ranger Lever! :smokin: :cheers :thumbs-up:

I've been watching them all for about five years now, and Kilby and Conan are by far the best! :thumbs-up:

Wow, I didn't think anyone else would even know who Craig is. :eek: I think I can respect you more now based on your late-night tv viewing. :lol:

If there were any justice in the world, (which there isn't because this will never happen) either CBS or NBC will switch their late night schedule so Craig and Conan don't come on at the same time.

Heh, I'm surprised as well that someone else knew who Kilby was. :thumbs-up:

As for the Kilby/Conan deal...

Do what I do: Watch Conan's monologue, his post-monologue/pre-interview stuff, then switch to Kilby! Kibly starts after the first interview most of the time.

Originally posted by Cloud121@Jul 24, 2004 @ 03:09 AM

Heh, I'm surprised as well that someone else knew who Kilby was. :thumbs-up:

As for the Kilby/Conan deal...

Do what I do: Watch Conan's monologue, his post-monologue/pre-interview stuff, then switch to Kilby! Kibly starts after the first interview most of the time.

Huh? :blink: They play simultaneously here. Moreover, I think Conan's monologue is the weakest part of his show. (which I think is mostly his writers fault), the stuff before and after and between interviews is the best. Didn't Craig use to be an ESPN sports guy? That would probably explain his interviewing prowess.

Yeah, Kilby used to do SportsCenter.

Conan has the best monlogue out of 'em all.

Where I live (Des Moines), Conan comes on at 11:35 PM, and Kilby comes on at 12:07 AM.

Originally posted by Cloud121@Jul 24, 2004 @ 03:20 AM

Yeah, Kilby used to do SportsCenter.

Conan has the best monlogue out of 'em all.

Where I live (Des Moines), Conan comes on at 11:35 PM, and Kilby comes on at 12:07 AM.

I'm going to try some new, called a list response. Responding to your comments in chronological order:
  • I thought so....
  • I'd have to disagree, if I were going to rate the best monologue guys in order from best to worst, which I'm about to do, it would go Craig, Conan, Dave, Jay. I will say this, Conan's delivery is what makes him so funny, he can tell a a joke that flops but still get a laugh because of how he works the crowd, just like that Jonny Carson guy did.
  • that's wierd

Letterman is the only one of those shows that we get on TV here, so it's got to be Dave.

ha, yes, i never thinked about that!

In the USA, there is 4 hour shift between the west & east coast!

How do you do for the TV?

Is there a National TV or a TV for each "hour channel"?

Because, in france, the Infos are a 8PM.

I can't imagine that some guys in the USA have the infos at 8PM and others at 12Pm!

Originally posted by fonzievoltonov@Jul 24, 2004 @ 06:05 AM

ha, yes, i never thinked about that!

In the USA, there is 4 hour shift between the west & east coast!

How do you do for the TV?

Is there a National TV or a TV for each "hour channel"?

Because, in france, the Infos are a 8PM.

I can't imagine that some guys in the USA have the infos at 8PM and others at 12Pm!

The central and eastern timezones (the two easternmost zones) have the same TV. For example here in Illinois Leno and Letterman come on at 10:35, which is 11:35 in New York. I don't know how it works on the west coast though.

I think Conan is the best. He's got the Insult Comic dog, he's got Pimpbot, he's got 'In the Year 2000', he's got the faces with lips, and he's got the little skits. Plus he often has other comics on, unlike Leno/Letterman. Of course, I haven't watched the show for several years, so I don't know if it's still as good as it once was.

Kilborn all the way. Not only does his show rock, he's from Minnesota. I really hope he gets the bump when Letterman retires. I don't get to watch him much since the show is on so late.

Well, I probably watch The Daily Show more than any other late night show. Except maybe Insomniac. But out of those choices I gotta go with Conan.

Back