Whomever

rar can only compress them........uncompress the Rar to a folder than run virus scanner besides if its a game cd shold either be cue/bin or iso/mp3 if its anything else just delete them and if your server logs uploads find out who sent it or ban ip ......the virus only becomes a problem if you run them if you get one that isn't executed then just delete them...with the games there is no reason to be running any executable

one way to make yur rar files safe is to create them as a solid archive it worked b4 i got blasted by error msg's though. but it saved all my rars.

Well yes all, Rat did close Ftp. I had Ice fix his acct. I AM sad and upset that this happend....also Rat one thing.....IF unzipping a rar kills your cpu with virus then im sorry....you NEED a better AV! I use norton CE 7.51 if you need it...never failed me yet...... Anyways just a thought.... also ftp is lame.... DC is better =D Also....SCAN your files before opening them DUH! LOL. Anyways I dont know what to say really.....lame tho. Just lame. Why I like yahoo...norton is built in the email system. Anyways back to icq =D

I dunno wtf you did, but your password was the original ikonboard assigned pass still.

and a rar file itself can NOT execute a virus. it's data, not an executable.

yes I changed it from the password I was originally using. no. I didnt do anything, I was using my password, then poof, it wouldnt accept it anymore, and I had to tlak to ice to get it to work again.

Sorry that happened Rat. Sucks. But, I can't help but think that this might be a warning. Everyone else with public FTPs might want to tighten up. Just sorta reminds me of the old days when someone couldn't become a member and decided to have some of our links shut down. Then again when someone got in and deleted the links. I'd hate to see something like that happen to anyone else.

It does prove the necessity for good, up-to-date AV software though. I can't believe how many people don't have it or don't update it. Then again I can't believe people still haven't learned to NOT click on that unexpected file attachment link at the bottom of a poorly written email.

Well guys, I can get a nice FTP account with upto 600 megs on a fast server, its not my personal account or anything but see my connection is really slow and I cant afford to either download or upload any files. So if someone would like to work on it ... please email me at thunder@thunder.tc and we can talk .. oh and btw its like webhosting so sites are uploadable.

::Thinks maybe I should get a generic email for ftpa users::

This would mean ALL ftpa users use the same email for RECIVING mail but would then have to respect other hosts emails.

I've gotten four viral emails this week, but you don't see me blaming anybody. I just delete them without opening the goddamn extensions, tell the sender to go fuck themselves, and respond to whatever legitimate mail I have.

Why do people have to be such cowards,

Sending viruses, thats pathetic, i bet the culprets are bragging to their little loser buddies that they are

1337 Hax0rs

If you dont like someone dont dance around it and do underhanded crap like viruses, Be a man (unless your a Woman ) but don't be Like the people who send viruses cause you arent cool and your just being an ass.

Quote: from Quadriflax on 7:38 am on April 3, 2002

Just sorta reminds me of the old days when someone couldn't become a member and decided to have some of our links shut down. Then again when someone got in and deleted the links.

That, and the time when Pimpbot5000 totally flipped out and tried his best to kill off SX.

He wielded a great deal of power, here, actually. On the IRC and on the boards. He wrote some FAQs for the site, he was quite the contributor <trying to remember all this with some ambivalence>.

Pimpbot5K got mad with power (I'm not making this up) and lost his privileges (on the IRC more specifically, I believe). He then wreaked havoc on the site itself, and later destroyed the trading system (suspected to have, anyways... no doubt in my mind).

This is some history lesson... this all started... hmm... 1 1/2 years ago I believe. Maybe more. Ah, the memories...

MTXBlau

he went kick-mad on irc, the guy kicked and banned more people in 3 months than I did in 4 years (and I do have one #### big kick count).

I removed him from my bots (I run them), and he took it as being kicked off the SX team (don't ask me why, I got no clue). as a result, he went on the ftp and wiped the entire site.

Back