Wii's Hardware

Who here is HAPPY with Xbox1 graphics?

• A. I LOVE what the Wii is capable of; Don't like graphics at all so the XBox1 graphics don't bother

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • B. I'll settle for Xbox1 graphics but WON'T be happy

• C. I HATE the Wii's Graphicz!!!! I HATE HATE HATE HATE the INFERIOR HARDWARE OF Wii!!!!!!!!

• D. Don't have an opinion

• Total voters
I REALLY HATE the Wii Hardware and how inferior it is to its competitors hardware.

Normally Nintendo is suppose to the have the upper hand in a tech fight. NES pwned Atari; SNES pwned Genesis; N64 pwned PS1; GCN pwned PS2. But now, the Wii will break tradition and be 10x WEAKER than the XBox360 (if developer reports are true). I'm disappointed...especially since highend graphics DO MAKE GAMES BETTER. Would Mario1 have been successful if it wasn't for the mindblowing visuals? What about LOZ:OOT? GoldenEye? Fzero?

PlaceboHead said:
I REALLY HATE the Wii Hardware and how inferior it is to its competitors hardware.

Normally Nintendo is suppose to the have the upper hand in a tech fight. NES pwned Atari; SNES pwned Genesis; N64 pwned PS1; GCN pwned PS2. But now, the Wii will break tradition and be 10x WEAKER than the XBox360 (if developer reports are true). I'm disappointed...especially since highend graphics DO MAKE GAMES BETTER. Would Mario1 have been successful if it wasn't for the mindblowing visuals? What about LOZ:OOT? GoldenEye? Fzero?

Nintendo DS comes to mind its extremely successful despite not having the hardware muscle that the PSP has

Wii graphics looks to be enough, you need 10x more power to be able to do high res games for HDTV but the Wii don't support high res, so the power that the Wii has got is far enough for the display on a common TV. do you think Mario would be better in 1920x1080p instead of 704x480 ?

msimplay said:
PlaceboHead said:

Nintendo DS comes to mind its extremely successful despite not having the hardware muscle that the PSP has
Two Different Markets. The Handheld sector relies entirely on gameplay over vsiuals. Why start a game like RE4 if you can only play for 5 minutes before turning it off? And, how good an experience can it be with a TINY screen and bad sound?
-------------------Wii graphics looks to be enough, you need 10x more power to be able to do high res games for HDTV but the Wii don't support high res, so the power that the Wii has got is far enough for the display on a common TV.
FALSE. The Wii CANNOT HANDHELD THE UNREAL ENGINE which is the STANDARD for Next Gen games. The extra power of the XBox360 doesnt leave due to HD...it is used for some amazing lighting and character models.
-----------
After reading Perrin's Response at the IGN Nintendo Minute, I do see why Nitnedno needs to show the person holding the controller. Why? Caz when you put RedSteel on a tv and GearsofWar on one next to it, as a consumer, I'd be thinking, "DAMN that game looks tight! Screw the Wii *what is a Wii???*. I'll pay an extra 50 for the XBox360!!!" So that is why the must show the person to market an otherwise laughable piece of hardware to the millions of idiots who will mindlessly eat Nintendo's ****

By the way I also find it funny that people now consider a $250 console cheap! A few years ago it would be expensive as hell. I just hope that system comes with the nun-chuck and wii-remote plus the classic controller. That Pokemon game for the wii looks splendid so I think the graphics will be fine just not spectacular but we have to wait and see.

Super Mario Galaxy is also a good example, great graphics, can't deny it.

the way my house will be run if i want mind blowing gfx ill use my pc
amd skt am2 athlon 64 3000+ oced to 2.7
2gb ddr 2 800 ram
waiting on dx10 cards for sweet vid card

if i want a home console thats going to be fun ill go with wii i may get a 360 down the line but like i said the other day on aim "id rather fuck a cactus then buy a ps3" so wii at launch 360 maybe in a yr or so

Ya know, I keep trying out all these games that have "MIND BLOWING GRAPHICS" and only play them for about 20 minutes before getting BORED AS FUCK with the gameplay and going back to something from the 16-bit era. I suspect that I am no longer the only one experiencing this. What good are amazing graphics if the game is no fun? Nintendo is NOT marketing the Wii to "Hardkore Gamerz" like Xbox 360 and PS3 are. Nintendo is reaching out to the general consumer who owned their 8- and 16-bit machines but got turned off when graphics became such a priority over gameplay in the 32-bit era. They're trying to win back the casual players who haven't bought a system since the PS1 turned them off of gaming with horrible 3D games that looked pretty but played like shit. The non-gamer will go into Best Buy, see all three displays set up, and try them out. They'll play some first-person shooter on XBox 360 and get dizzy and disoriented with the fast and spinning graphics. They'll say "Ooohhh, pretty" when they see the PS3, but experience the same thing and choke when they see the price tag. Then they'll see the Wii, they'll pick up the controller and after a few minutes say "Hey, this is fun." They're going for the people who won't buy a system from the 128-bit lines, but who buy things like those TV Games units with a bunch of old Atari and NES games on them. They're not pushing it as being a powerfull system with sweet graphix. They're pushing it as something FUN.

Am I disappointed with the graphics? Meh, I could care less. I just don't care much for graphics. I get games for the gameplay. The reason I'm excited for the Wii is the Virtual Console.

schi0249 said:
Am I disappointed with the graphics? Meh, I could care less. I just don't care much for graphics.

Same for me :) Also GFX won't be that crap they will be better than the GC and the GC got really good GFX.

Nintendo leaves me wanting more...that's all. While playing MP3, all I'll be thinking the entire time is "Why couldn't Retro make a game as pretty as GearsofWar?" Sure, MP3 will be great, but, with mindblowing visuals, it could have been better.
And you guys all swear that the Wii is the ONLY CONSOLE with fun games. Last time I checked FinalFantasy, GT, Halo, ect were fun. Nintendo can also screw up games too you know. CoughGeist/MarioKartDD/WW/DonkeyKonga/MarioMix/
Junglebeat/FSAdventure/ect

Just because the Wii has a new input device doesnt mean that its the END ALL videogame console of all time. As the DS has proven to me, a new interface isn't always a plus. A Touchscreen version of Starfox and Zelda? NO!!!!!!!!!!!! I hate stylus control! I'm the Dpad kinda guy when playing ACWW

Back