your opinion

Quote: from eatpenguin on 2:08 am on Mar. 18, 2002

whatever. if she;s a slut, SCREW HER WHILE YOU CAN, and then go back for more. i dont get WHY people always choose to automatically associate "relationship" with "sex". a healthy relationship consists of more than just sex. if sex is that important to you, go out and sell your body or something. i think it;s pretty dumb that people choose to break up and stuff just because of sex.

Yeah!Thats it!If my g/f has sex with all my friends she'll get thrown out of cource :)

But if shes NOT my g/f why the f"§$ should i care? ;)

Quote: from chakan on 1:13 am on Mar. 18, 2002

That's pretty halarious when you combine it with your signature. :p

hehe...so does that mean you;ll buy me something:)???? BTW, that;s the graduation gift registry thing im working on so nobody will buy me a GOD #### WATCH I;LL NEVER WEAR. yes i am very materialistic, as you can see. but aside from that...i;ve been constantly revising it before i actually send it off to all the people...my question is, do u think these items are appropriate? i only have 48 people im sending my graduation card to so it;s not like i can put everything i want on the list. but anyhoo....you;re still welcome to make purchases;)

Quote: from ShinJedah on 1:26 am on Mar. 18, 2002

Yeah!Thats it!If my g/f has sex with all my friends she'll get thrown out of cource :)

But if shes NOT my g/f why the f"§$ should i care? ;)

im perfectly fine with my gf sleeping with other guys/chicks and she;s fine with me scoring with her HOT friends. we dont really see sex as the MAIN thing that holds our relationship together. i mean it does help, but we are at the age where it;s only natural for us to have as much sex as we can before we actually have to take responsibilities for our actions (altho legally we are both liable for everything because we are both 18) and start providing childcare and all that good stuff. we do spend a lot of time together doing things other than having sex, because we both agree that there;s more to life than sex. well, although we are trying not to get too attached lately because we are both seniors and we dont have same post-high school plans and we dont want to get too emotional/etc when we both go our own ways.

(Edited by eatpenguin at 2:07 am on Mar. 18, 2002)

Ok. change of scenario. I understand better what you were trying to say. It's entirely another thing him insulting people (assuming they don't deserve it!). You may want to ckalk it up to temporary insaanity. People get that way when it comes to sex. They really lose it, which is understandable. Sex feels good. Better than any drug or other purely physical experience you may encounter. People kill and die for the promise of sex. Maybe you friend will come around when he's had a chance to clear his head a little. Be open to forgiving him ie. the temp insanity defence. Repeated offenses is another matter. If this is a pattern of behaivior then you need to decide if your friendship is important enough to put up with it. Your call and your call only.

On a related note, Cyn is very correct for calling everyone for calling the girl a slut. If this was a guy, most of you would be figuratively slapping him on the back and calling him a stud. Sexual freedom is not gender specific. It belongs too all. I have run across a few women in my time that were self confident enough to express their sexuallity openly. Most of the time they were called names by others because of it. When it comes to sexual mores, most people are a century behind. They talk a good game, but tend to be judgemental of those who walk the walk and don't just talk the talk. But one word of advise. If you make the mistake of thinking that you have a "relationship" of a permanant nature because you had sex with them, you are in for a broken heart, in most cases. But then, rational behaivior and sex don't seem to mix too well!

The girl's a slut period. Don't give me that sexual freedom crap either. We are humans (at least most of us) and God or Evolution (take your pick) gave us a brain to be able to reason something animals do not do. Im not saying don't have sex (shit i love it) but don't expect to get respect if you act like an idiot (since sex with multiple people increases your chance of getting a disease). Also the Ratio between women and men is about 7-1 (thats not an excuse if a man does it, but just a fact for you guys to think about.

So if you yourself admitedlly sleep around, are you a slut? Please......let's be real. Usually people who harshly judge the actions of others, are very forgiving of they're own actions. These types of attitudes are one step away and really the same kind of comments that in another context would be called racism or gay bashing ect. Keep in mind also that you do not know this girl! Only (and sorry jim993. nothing personal here) one side of the story. She is not here to defend herself or her actions. By your reasonsing, if you seemingly make a few foolish comments, we get to assume you are a fool? Is that fair?

(Edited by falstaff at 3:24 pm on Mar. 18, 2002)

7 women for every man

Sure...

Anyway, I agree with falstaff - the whole "slut" thing is ridiculous. It just reflects the idea that men should "own" women, embodied in a double standard: if a guy sleeps around, he's someone to be envied (a player; a ladies' man); if a woman sleeps around, she's someone to be shunned (a slut; a whore). IMO there's no good reason for promoting this kind of thinking.

As for the risk of getting a disease, that's a risk you take any time you swap body fluids (sexually or otherwise) with anyone - a monogamous relationship doesn't make you immune, it just changes the numbers. As such, the definition of "acting like an idiot" is going to be very subjective.

As an added note to Excyber's comments, if you consider a woman a "slut", what does that make you for sleeping with her?

Quote: from falstaff on 9:55 am on Mar. 18, 2002

were you refering to me as a teenager? Gee....thanx! No one has done that for almost 20 yrs.

i was referring to myself

-----------------------------------

anyway dont u ppl think we;re taking this too far? i mean ok she sleeps around, according to one person. so we make comments. who cares?? this conversation is going nowhere because no matter how long we take on this subject, none of us are really gonig to change our views just because we read someone say it here on the board....well then again i guess this is kind of fun ^_^ so keep going ppl!!!

(Edited by eatpenguin at 11:38 am on Mar. 18, 2002)

Personally, I associate the words

healthy

relationship

sex

with -

Healthy = NO SEXUALLY TRANSMITTED DISEASES {including AIDS, HIV, chlamydia, ghonorrhea, syphilis, herpes, etc etc} MOST are curable but the ones that aren't will make your life ####

Sex = anything which involves touching genitals with any part of your body, (regardless of penetration becuase you can get quite a few STDs from oral sex) and, sex carries its own set of responsibilities which you are prepared to handle

Relationship = a mutual agreement between 2 or more people to be fair and equal to each other in all things, be it sex, business, friendship, etc

Combine those 3 and you get what I currently have in my life:

Myself, who would most likely be considered a SLUT by your apparent definition. (I am a female who enjoys sex and takes every opportunity for it and has a rather large number of sexual partners in her past)

My boyfriend, who, were he a girl, would be considered a slut becuase of the amount of people has also been with, but is not because *gasp* HE IS A GUY AND HE GETS APPLAUDED FOR HOW MANY PEOPLE HE LAYS! GO MALE SEXUAL PROWESS

We, who are completely comfortable with each other in MANY respects, who started our "relationship" with 1. him getting tested for ALL STDs, as I had just been. 2. Him waiting patiently for me to be ready. 3. An agreement initially that we would just unF each other at every opportunity and that were he or I to sleep with another person, the agreement would be null and void. 4. Me finally deciding I wanted a serious commitment from him for sex and all the things that come with it.

And guess what that has evolved into?

A HEALTHY SEXUAL RELATIONSHIP BY TWO SLUTS

But do any of you understand why I do not consider myself a slut?

BECAUSE I TAKE RESPONSIBILITY FOR HAVING SEX WITH PEOPLE

Now, I do hope that some of you will at least modify your definition of "slut" because, IMHO one who does not take responsibility for their actions is a CHILD, regardless of their age.

(Edited by Cynnamin at 2:43 pm on Mar. 18, 2002)

Quote: from falstaff on 10:19 am on Mar. 18, 2002

On a related note, Cyn is very correct for calling everyone for calling the girl a slut. If this was a guy, most of you would be figuratively slapping him on the back and calling him a stud. Sexual freedom is not gender specific. It belongs too all. I have run across a few women in my time that were self confident enough to express their sexuallity openly. Most of the time they were called names by others because of it. When it comes to sexual mores, most people are a century behind. They talk a good game, but tend to be judgemental of those who walk the walk and don't just talk the talk. But one word of advise. If you make the mistake of thinking that you have a "relationship" of a permanant nature because you had sex with them, you are in for a broken heart, in most cases. But then, rational behaivior and sex don't seem to mix too well!

DING! I love you falstaff :) You're such a sweetheart.

Let me make sure to "slut" myself to you at every opportunity that I have for at least being an INTELLIGENT and rational (not penis-brained) male.

However, rational behavior and sex are COMPLETELY compatible if handled in the proper context - read my long ass post above *points up* How are they compatible? COMMUNICATION I think more than one of us (note the us, because I include myself in this) has problems with communication in one area or another.

Oh, ALSO....

That WONDERFUL and AMAZING relationship that you have in high school... is worth two things in the future:

Jack and SHIT

Why? When the two of you go away to different colleges and make new friends, you will come home and only discover that both of you are completely different people than you were when you knew each other.

Call me bitter, call me jaded, but, I am realistic. I am judgemental at certain times about certain things, but I speak from experience. If you want to know my experiences, feel FREE to contact me about them.

Edits in both posts: correcting spelling errors and rectifying grammar so that I can be sure that I am being read correctly

(Edited by Cynnamin at 2:51 pm on Mar. 18, 2002)

Personaly i can't stand 2 things.

Women acting like whores.

Women acting like men.

Many things have got to do with the way you grow up.If girls approch you,you grow up seeing partners in women.If women don't give a #### about you,you grow up seeing a bitch in every woman.

Uh, no, if a male friend of mine would sleep around with everyone he could possibly get ahold of, I'd be fucking insulting him too. People who fuck around like are nasty, and I don't even want to be around them, as they'll eventually bring trouble (and don't give me no bullshit otherwise, it happens, you stupid fuckwits).

This isn't a women are objects thing, it's a "that person needs to learn some fucking self-control for their own good, as well as for the sake of not creating more pieces of shit like themself."

End: my point. Sorry if I expressed it in fewer, harsher words. I don't feel like wasting too much time on posts in forums lately. :)

the whole "slut" thing is ridiculous. It just reflects the idea that men should "own" women, embodied in a double standard: if a guy sleeps around, he's someone to be envied (a player; a ladies' man); if a woman sleeps around, she's someone to be shunned (a slut; a whore). IMO there's no good reason for promoting this kind of thinking.

You're right.

But a similar double standard applies in reverse. It's far less socially acceptable for a heterosexual man to admit to not having many (or any) sexual partners than for a woman - he is seen as a "loser", geek, or is mistakenly assumed to be gay. Believe me, I know :(

It really comes down to the perceived roles of men and women in society, which despite "feminism and all that" haven't changed all that much in the past 50 years. It is still the man's job to "hit on" the woman, and the woman's to resist his advances (or at least give an impression of not being "easy"). Anyone - male or female - who falls outside these narrow boundaries is subject to a great deal of prejudice.

Mike

Quote: from Mike G on 3:53 pm on Mar. 18, 2002

It's far less socially acceptable for a heterosexual man to admit to not having many (or any) sexual partners than for a woman - he is seen as a "loser", geek, or is mistakenly assumed to be gay. Believe me, I know :(

This mentality passes when you stop hanging out with idiots or they finally mature, I wouldn't worry too much about it.

Back